Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken D

Nib 7000lsn

11 posts in this topic

Here we have a modified pre-Chinese 7000HSN, into a _conventional_ 7000 ratio, for a 7000LSN (low speed narrow). New in box, new conventional gearset.

The market told Abu that the 7000HSN was not the greatest, so it went away *very* fast.

I robbed the high speed gearset to repair a full sized high speed, and replaced same with the lower ratio.

This should bring the lifespan of the reel into much the same realm as the Swedish reels: 10-15 years, instead of the 2-3 years the high speed gearset gave.

All found: price, postage, & spare brand new line pawl: 125.00 USD. Thanks for looking.

View PostHere we have a modified pre-Chinese 7000HSN, into a _conventional_ 7000 ratio, for a 7000LSN (low speed narrow). New in box, new conventional gearset.

The market told Abu that the 7000HSN was not the greatest, so it went away *very* fast.

I robbed the high speed gearset to repair a full sized high speed, and replaced same with the lower ratio.

This should bring the lifespan of the reel into much the same realm as the Swedish reels: 10-15 years, instead of the 2-3 years the high speed gearset gave.

All found: price, postage, & spare brand new line pawl: 125.00 USD. Thanks for looking.

Ken, tell me there is something you'd be willing to swap? You shot me a PM about this reel a little bit ago. This is definitely a reel I'd like for the CC Canal.

Dutch

Hi, Dutch: RE the pm: this reel came up in general conversation on the 7000B topic, when I advised what I was _planning to do with the HSN_. I got the special bushing made up to convert the high speed spool, to the low speed pinion. Moderators: there was no offer to sell or buy in that discussion. It was information only.

The bushing will convert the high speed spools to low speed configuration. The high speed gearing is slated to disappear from Abu's parts list any day now, making any high speed reel a parts reel. I'm getting a bunch made, to convert all the high speeds I have to low speed as the gearing dies.

View PostHi, Dutch: RE the pm: this reel came up in general conversation on the 7000B topic, when I advised what I was _planning to do with the HSN_. I got the special bushing made up to convert the high speed spool, to the low speed pinion. Moderators: there was no offer to sell or buy in that discussion. It was information only.

The bushing will convert the high speed spools to low speed configuration. The high speed gearing is slated to disappear from Abu's parts list any day now, making any high speed reel a parts reel. I'm getting a bunch made, to convert all the high speeds I have to low speed as the gearing dies.

Interested in another Swedish 7000 for an easy swap? BTW, is this the black version...?

Thanks for considering my friend.

Dutch

Ken, pics as requested. I'm a bit unsure however of that gold bling on your LSN version cwm13.gif. Can you or I use regular black sideplates in lieu of those?

Forget the lint on my pics...it's upside down and not easy to reach near the back of the rack. I have 3 in this color and like them all.

Please, this offer is too Ken only. If I want to sell any of them I will start my own thread.

Dutch

Hi, Dutch, yes....any set of size 7 Abu side plates will fit, from year 1971 to Chinese i style, except for the s-e-v-e-n model of the high 80's.

(Earlier versions before the burgandy C3 won't take the crank bearing, so they would not be a C3, around year 1991)

The reels in the pics are the orangey pumpkin shade of side plate. I was looking for the rocket version with the goldier "heritage" shade, as per image I sent earlier... :-(

Hey Ken HappyWave.gif,

Got your PM(s)...I know you're chasing a very specific color so here's the extra pics you asked for. Absolutely no worries if this isn't the right one...I like this particular color myself. For what it's worth, except for the Chrome version this color holds up against wear and tear nicely. The little bit of grease in Pic 3 near the line alarm will wipe off btw. Also, I'll pull the line before I ship. It's been over grass but I wouldn't take the chance.

Thanks for taking the time to find those red side plates on your 7000LSN. No "Mr. T" for me...fool!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0