Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chefchris401

ZeeBaaS ZX 2-27 Review

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

hmm good read,i dunno if i can recall any review that was side by side with a vs and glad to hear its working out for you. ive been thinking about both the vs an zb and wondering if the zb is worth the extra money, whats your opinion on this ?

Thanks for the review, i just bought the same reel. Have you taken the side plate off and checked for water inturusion or gotten sand in the spool?

unbiased, honest review appreciated.

View Posthmm good read,i dunno if i can recall any review that was side by side with a vs and glad to hear its working out for you. ive been thinking about both the vs an zb and wondering if the zb is worth the extra money, whats your opinion on this ?

In my opinion if I could only have one, I'd go with the VS. Not based on price but based on their proven track record. I feel that my VS reels are pretty much worry free and I have alot of confidence in them and their performance.

View PostThanks for the review, i just bought the same reel. Have you taken the side plate off and checked for water inturusion or gotten sand in the spool?

Yes Ive taken off the side plate and checked for water, so far not a drop inside. On a recent trip I swam out to rocks, about 20 yards from shore, fished heavy surf and even had to keep the reel underwater during some of the retrieves due to the tide coming in and the bite still being on. So far its water tight.

Sand: I havent had any issues with sand. Like I stated I dont fisha lot of sand beaches, but the rel has been laid down in the sand for pics or a tough hook removal or two. I just rinse it in the surf and good to go.

Interesting stuff, a 24 to 36' casting advantage for the Z with lighter stuff is really a huge advantage especially with 50# line.

What do you think accounts for it, better line wrap on the spool?

I agree:

View PostVery nice unbiased post,I predict 10 pages

No touting; no disparaging. Good description of comparison; good information; good presentation; great post.

View PostThanks for the review, i just bought the same reel. Have you taken the side plate off and checked for water inturusion or gotten sand in the spool?

Good luck with your new reel. clapping.gif

View PostYes Ive taken off the side plate and checked for water, so far not a drop inside. On a recent trip I swam out to rocks, about 20 yards from shore, fished heavy surf and even had to keep the reel underwater during some of the retrieves due to the tide coming in and the bite still being on. So far its water tight.

Sand: I havent had any issues with sand. Like I stated I dont fisha lot of sand beaches, but the rel has been laid down in the sand for pics or a tough hook removal or two. I just rinse it in the surf and good to go.

View PostDid you open the side plate and check for water intrusion after dunking trips?

Jameso did not read thread biggrin.gif

View PostChefChris- what gloves are you using in that first picture?

Those are aquaskinz gloves.

I wear aquaskinz gloves most of the time or 3mm neoprene is the water is colder.