Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rustyjigz

You suffering from the Summer Doldrums

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

2 out of the 3 summer bass haunts are dead...cwm13.giffrown.gif One had very little life.

Not even a single boofish!eek.gif

I am going back out tonight and hopefully will have luck in another place that had been good in years past.

View PostReally Rusty? I thought a fisherman of your caliber could catch fish all the time.

Reading is fundamental.wink.gif I have been catching but only in one spot, see the difference?

I never said I am not catching...

View PostSeen some spearing and a small snapper chase my tin last night in one of the south shore back bays. Hope the Albies show up early.

See that's whats so funny the sand eels are there the spearing are there, but the bass and blues aren't... It really is odd, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

The Bunker Fry showed up in the back of 2 bays back in June... But I haven't been to either of those spots since then and I will be heading to them tonight and if the peanuts are there then the bass and blues will be for sure...

View PostSee that's whats so funny the sand eels are there the spearing are there, but the bass and blues aren't... It really is odd, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

The Bunker Fry showed up in the back of 2 bays back in June... But I haven't been to either of those spots since then and I will be heading to them tonight and if the peanuts are there then the bass and blues will be for sure...

The fish I have seen the last couple of weeks arent on either of those baits... then again they rarely are this time of year.

BIG porgies....BIG bunker and lobsters in the bellys. pig2.gif

View PostSee that's whats so funny the sand eels are there the spearing are there, but the bass and blues aren't... It really is odd, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Same here. I'm especially concerned about the lack of blues in one particular spot.

View PostSame here. I'm especially concerned about the lack of blues in one particular spot.

these mini me blues aint cuttin it for me. threw frogs earlier for a good time.. now i need some real fish tomorrow!

View Postthese mini me blues aint cuttin it for me. threw frogs earlier for a good time.. now i need some real fish tomorrow!

I'd hate to be spearing fry with those hordes of vicious snapper derby winners around.cwm31.gif

bass have definitely left the area for the most part in the western sound..can still get a few in the rocks along shore early morning, but nothing big...plenty of blues around, fluking is so, so.......boat will rest up for sure till tog season...time to get some of the honey-do list done......