Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ify4fun

LL Bean Outlet Sale

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

At the beginning of the year, some of us were able to get some great deals on Tibor reels and Xi2 rods from the LL Bean outlet stores. Stuff selling at 50% off. I placed a phone order and had them shipped to me in California. I read a tweet that the Outlets will be having another 50% off sale this weekend. I was wondering if anyone in the neighborhood was going down this weekend to see if any fly gear is on sale again.

Was at the Mass outlet store yesterday scored a tibor backcountry but at only 30 % off sale price ended up 1/2 retail. They did not have much some ross spools and a few small reels. The Mansfield store has some Ross Rythem reels at 30% off sale price ends up about $125 for 3.5. They put backing on my reel that I purchased at the outlet store for me and when I asked how much I owed I was told it was complimentary. They always go the extra step to make a customer happy I always leave that store more than satisified.

View PostWas at the Mass outlet store yesterday scored a tibor backcountry but at only 30 % off sale price ended up 1/2 retail. They did not have much some ross spools and a few small reels. The Mansfield store has some Ross Rythem reels at 30% off sale price ends up about $125 for 3.5. They put backing on my reel that I purchased at the outlet store for me and when I asked how much I owed I was told it was complimentary. They always go the extra step to make a customer happy I always leave that store more than satisified.

I'm not suggesting this, but just wondering. If you took the Tibor with your receipt back to the Mass outlet, will they give you the 50% off price? Of course, they already gave you the free backing which is great of them. Maybe not worth the trouble of going back. Again, I only saw a tweet that they are now having a 50% off clearance. I have not verified this to be a fact.

I called the Pittsburgh store and was told an additional 30% off of summer seasonal sale and clearance items. Didn't get a clear answer if anything fly fishing related was on sale.

Anyone come across Ross Evolution 1.5 spools or Rhythm 3.5 spools? Please let me know. Thanks.

View PostI called the Pittsburgh store and was told an additional 30% off of summer seasonal sale and clearance items. Didn't get a clear answer if anything fly fishing related was on sale.

Anyone come across Ross Evolution 1.5 spools or Rhythm 3.5 spools? Please let me know. Thanks.

Russ,

If I read the tweet correctly, I think the 50% off clearance items is only at the outlet stores. If the Bean store in PA is a regular retail store, their sales may be different. Here's a list of the outlets from the Bean website. Unfortunately, I'm not near any of them.

Orange, CT

Bangor, ME

Ellsworth, ME

Freeport, ME

Portland, ME

Hagerstown, MD

Queenstown, MD

Wareham, MA

Concord, NH

Manchester, NH

Nashua, NH

North Conway, NH

Fayetteville, NY

Williamsburg, VA

Oops, I didn't quite read the first post accurately. Pittsburgh, PA is a regular retail store. Bummer for me as well since the nearest outlet is 7+ hours away.

View PostI'm not suggesting this, but just wondering. If you took the Tibor with your receipt back to the Mass outlet, will they give you the 50% off price? Of course, they already gave you the free backing which is great of them. Maybe not worth the trouble of going back. Again, I only saw a tweet that they are now having a 50% off clearance. I have not verified this to be a fact.

I don't know what their policies are now, but when I worked for Bean's, the answer would probably have been no. Once they start doing stuff like that, it's a slippery slope. Next guy bought his two weeks ago, the next guy three weeks, and so on. I've seen dork-heads come in a month (or more) later and demand the sale price. The employee who sold the reel more than likely knew nothing of upcoming promotions. You really have to draw the line somewhere - of course, if someone wants to embarrass himself and raise enough hell, they might give him what he wants just to make him go away. I've seen that happen more than once.

View PostI don't know what their policies are now, but when I worked for Bean's, the answer would probably have been no. Once they start doing stuff like that, it's a slippery slope. Next guy bought his two weeks ago, the next guy three weeks, and so on. I've seen dork-heads come in a month (or more) later and demand the sale price. The employee who sold the reel more than likely knew nothing of upcoming promotions. You really have to draw the line somewhere - of course, if someone wants to embarrass himself and raise enough hell, they might give him what he wants just to make him go away. I've seen that happen more than once.

It's true. Many times the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Yell loud enough, and they just may want to get you out of the store as quickly as possible. Each retailer must decide where to drawn the line in the sand and say no.

Hey guys, I'm a current manager at the marlton retail store and you have 30 days to make any price adjustments. You must have the receipt tho. So if something goes 50% off 3 weeks later you can/should get the adjustment.

PS- if anyone needs help finding or locating any items let me know. I'm pretty good at tracking down good dealswink.gif

Oakman - you just randomly call a store and they found the item or did you know it might be at that store?

JrzFlyGuy - Any chance for a Ross Evolution 1.5 Spool in Slate Blue or a Ross Rhythm 3.5 Spool in Copper?

That's a very nice offer. Speaks volumes about you and the LL Bean customer service. Since you offered, if you can, see if any Sage Xi2 8 wt and 12 wt (with fore-grip preferred) are available. Also if there are any Tibor Light Back Country CL Wides. Thanks.

JrzFlyGuy - Thanks in advance. I made a big mistake in the last post, the Copper spool should be for a Rhythm 3.5.

I might try to track down one of the Rhythm 3.5 reels that littletunnie mentioned or maybe a Black 3.5 spool. The Copper ones are becoming a pain to find.

The OP referred to an original thread about the deals earlier in the year, I believe I called the store he had visited, which was mentioned in the op.

Don't remember which store I called. Just looked the number up on line and I knew that the xi2s were on sale.

O