Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muskyslayer96

On the clearing Wheel

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Your plugs look great in your first post and even better with the clear coat on! Love your patterns. I noticed the holes in the wooden wheels your plugs are attached to. Do they serve a purpose? I'm thinking seriously about building a turner using a bbq rotisserie motor but I plan to mount the plugs on dowels which stick down in holes just like the ones I see on your set up, making more of a "flipper" than a spinner. Still in the dev stage. THX for sharing! CB

View PostYour plugs look great in your first post and even better with the clear coat on! Love your patterns. I noticed the holes in the wooden wheels your plugs are attached to. Do they serve a purpose? I'm thinking seriously about building a turner using a bbq rotisserie motor but I plan to mount the plugs on dowels which stick down in holes just like the ones I see on your set up, making more of a "flipper" than a spinner. Still in the dev stage. THX for sharing! CB

Yeah..his spinner got me thinking too. I was wondering the same thing as I flip the Etex as of now. It works fine, but I would like to make a box I could put a lamp in to warm the air and get the Etex to harden a bit more.

I also like the Epoxy to run over my tail wraps. I don't think it looks as pretty, but I think it'll help stabilize the wire on my Pencils....

Not sure if a spinner would even allow the Etex to get that far though.

I'm going to need a spinner before winter sets in either way.

I'm going to need a spinner before winter sets in either way.

Around here Lowe's has the bbq rotisserie motors on clearance sale for about 20 bucks. Gonna git me one this weekend. When I get my wheels figured out I will share. My design (assuming it works, which I do) will allow you to take lures on and off the wheel while it's turning. We shall see.

Around here Lowe's has the bbq rotisserie motors on clearance sale for about 20 bucks. Gonna git me one this weekend. When I get my wheels figured out I will share. My design (assuming it works, which I do) will allow you to take lures on and off the wheel while it's turning. We shall see.

Nice..I'll check out my Lowes Saturday! Wife's gonna be blue when she realizes..no....I'm not buying this for chicken. biggrin.gif

I've never seen a spinner actually WORKING....but I was thinkng that I could always just brush a bit of epoxy on the wraps and leave them sideways. That may be a better idea for keeping them contained in a box.

I really like Etex for the simple fact it works well, it's simple to use for a rookie and so far it's held up well against fish in the Canal. Systems 3 is going to be my next trial when I can save the cash for it.

Edit: Systems 3 Miror Coat is actually not that expensive. 37 bucks for the pint kit. Wonder if it's that much better than Etex? Both are bartop epoxies....

Cornbread, Mokes,

Thanks guys. You are both correct, I originally made the dryer so the baits spun on dowels I made from 3/8 inch aluminum rods. I changed because some of my musky lures were so big and heavy it put a lot of stress on the motor, and I had to have more clearance. Now I can attach baits in the middle and if I have smaller baits and need more room I can use the dowels. I'd love to see your posts when you are finished with yours.

Mokes, a set up like mine was about 25$ i used some scrap 3/4 inch plywood and I used the opening of a 5 gallon bucket for the circular diameter, it is well worth it. i also think if you put a liitle etex on the wrap and allow it to turn you will get the effect you are looking for.

thanks,

MS

View PostCornbread, Mokes,

Thanks guys. You are both correct, I originally made the dryer so the baits spun on dowels I made from 3/8 inch aluminum rods. I changed because some of my musky lures were so big and heavy it put a lot of stress on the motor, and I had to have more clearance. Now I can attach baits in the middle and if I have smaller baits and need more room I can use the dowels. I'd love to see your posts when you are finished with yours.

Mokes, a set up like mine was about 25$ i used some scrap 3/4 inch plywood and I used the opening of a 5 gallon bucket for the circular diameter, it is well worth it. i also think if you put a liitle etex on the wrap and allow it to turn you will get the effect you are looking for.

thanks,

MS

THX for the response MS - since (currently) I make all my lures with screw eyes the flipping seems to work best for me with etex or devcon though some designs may work better with spinning so I will plan for a dual purpose gadget. THX CB