Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clyde123

9 foot blank

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

so im thinking about building a 9 footer this winter....of course im gonna get to anxious and end up building it soonerbiggrin.gif anyways im looking for a overall cheap but good 9 foot blank it doesnt really matter brand cause im low on cash. any sugestions and or where i could buy one?

What are you looking to do with your 9-foot blank? And how cheap is cheap to you? Mudhole makes a 9-foot fiberglass blank that's marketed as a "Jetty Stick." At about $50, the price is certainly right, but only if it's going to do what you want it to. Even the cheapest blank, if it's not a good fit, is no bargain.

this is true and im looking to throw plugs off a jetty and surf maybe some pencil popping just a intermediate rod when i dont have to bring my 10 foot im gonna check out mudhole now

The mudhole surf rocket blanks made by Lami seem to get good reviews, Ive been meaning to checking them out. If I was gonna build a 9'er now thats probably what I would get.

I will second the BT1083m too, that rod can do alot, esp pencils and sluggos. it would be also be a good fit for the jetty as it can take a serious beating.

-Al

Yes Mudhole has that blank, I think its under fiberglass boat and trolling< thats what the BT stands for. 108 is 108 inches, the 3 I dunno what thats for and the M I believe is for medium action. highfive.gif

Hope that helps a little, wish you were closer, Id show you mine.

-Al

cwm40.gif Lamiglas Intl. Classic Glass 9' 2pc. 15-30# line, 3/4-4oz lures, moderate glass action, brown gloss glass, it's actually a steelhead rod but bass and bluez won't know the difference. i have one on order via mud, $36. highfive.gif

I don't know how, seeing as I try to keep tabs on all the nine-foot blanks out there, but the ones in Lami's Firberglass steelhead series somehow escaped my attention. Thanks for pointing them out. I'm going to be ordering both - what the hell, they're only $36 apiece - to try them out. They could make very viable surf rods. Good find.