Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

It's a Sunny, Beautiful Friday....

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

55 degrees here right now, going to about 80 with low humidity. Much of the same thru Sunday, then perhaps a shower and then in the 80's next week.

So whatchya making?

Tonight we decided on take-out calzones (thought of it last week, but ended up with an Italian instead.)

Sales aren't that great this week, so am unsure for tomorrow. Shaw's has sirloin steak tips for $3.99/lb, so gonna see if Donna will agree to steak, shrimp, and veggie kabobs. If not, not sure what we'll have. But whatever it is, it will include corn on the cob. Also have an abundance of cucumbers from the garden, so will make some cucumber "boats" stuffed with a clam dip I made.

Sunday and Monday I am solo. Sunday, it is Donna's friend's birthday, so she will be going out to dinner. I still have left over ribs from earlier in the week, so I will most likely have those. Monday I will probably have a burger.

Rest of the week, am thinking wings one night ($1.99/lb at S&S), perhaps white clam sauce with pasta, or maybe "Pasta Bagna Cauda" (will dig into the garden garlic for either of those), and 3rd night is up in the air.

What are YOU making?

Last night I made the best chicken, ziti and broccoli I ever had, just perfect. drool.gif

Tonight I'm thinking maybe a couple pounds of steamers for myself and grilled shrimp to keep the wife happy, rice pilaf and a garden salad. Tomorrow and Sunday probably at the beach house so we might go out Saturday night to the Cabby Shack in Plymouth center, and then grille someone Sunday. Going to Normandy Farms campsite for the day on Monday, my sister rented a yurt for the week, never been but heard it is great for the kids. Might bring some ribs and mussels.

View PostJohn I love Chicken and Broccolli ! I have it on my menu at work How do you do yours? Maybe I could tweak my recipe !

In a large non-stick pan saute a thousand garlic in olive oil but do not brown, add diced chicken and cook until there is no pink, adding salt and pepper while cooking. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add to the pan a cup of chicken broth and bring to a simmer, add the broccoli, a little more salt and pepper, and cook to your liking, I like it firm and snappy. When done add the chicken, and stir mixing thoroughly, then I add a cup of cream and about a half cup of romano cheese, mixing thoughly until the cream/liquid starts to bubble. I then pour it all into a big pot with the cooked ziti mixing thoroughly, a little more salt, pepper and cheese, and then I keep it on a very low flame for about 5 minutes. Sometime I throw in about a half cup of shaved carrot just to add a little color and sweetness.

That's it.