Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

I'm afraid we could be heading into the...

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Still nice to go, especially @ night. Watch out for the skeeters. EEE around.

we have to be off all our sports fields by 7:30~

I also try different spots this time of year, to experiment. Also hit some beaches @ night w/ eels~

I would suggest that with all the heat we've had that were probably already in the middle of them.

Last night was nice though. The heat kicked off and I got to remember why I enjoyed fishing again.

All I know is the Canal was full of weeds once the E tide got going last night, at least where I was. An exercise in futility getting a clean drift. mad.gif

-bd

The only problem with freshwater, aside from the skeeters, is that a lot of the ponds have really low water levels and excessive weed growth.

This causes considerable stress for the fish, since a pond with excessive weed growth will absorb more heat from the sun and warm up the water drastically. The warmer waters can adversely affect the predatory fishes.

There are a number of ponds that I won't bother trying because of this issue. We need a soaking rain, something to lower the water temps and raise the levels a little, otherwise it's going to be a long boring summer.

View PostAll I know is the Canal was full of weeds once the E tide got going last night, at least where I was. An exercise in futility getting a clean drift. mad.gif

-bd

And how. I fished in one of our regular UDLs, and got bit on the arse again by the dreaded first cast curse cwm31.gif

Nothing but weeds for the next hour and a half, then two hits on the same drift, both of which were missed. The Sluggo came in folded over the hook.

Chased out by the rising tide, moved somewhere else and resorted to thowing small plugs--was "rewarded" with a 14" micro, that had hook points everywhere, and a whole 1/8" of its lip available for lipping.

View PostAnd how. I fished in one of our regular UDLs, and got bit on the arse again by the dreaded first cast curse cwm31.gif

Nothing but weeds for the next hour and a half, then two hits on the same drift, both of which were missed. The Sluggo came in folded over the hook.

Chased out by the rising tide, moved somewhere else and resorted to thowing small plugs--was "rewarded" with a 14" micro, that had hook points everywhere, and a whole 1/8" of its lip available for lipping.

I've gotten to hate that so much that I've started intentionally screwing up my first cast, just so I can avoid catching something on that castredface.gifcwm27.gif

I think I caught that same micro...on a 9 inch sluggo. kooky.gif Then the flotilla of weed moved in and I moved out. cwm31.gif

-bd

View PostChased out by the rising tide, moved somewhere else and resorted to thowing small plugs--was "rewarded" with a 14" micro, that had hook points everywhere, and a whole 1/8" of its lip available for lipping.

have been busy the past week or so and it has released a lot of weed in the bay. It has negatively affected the Bay fishing as well.

Now on another note I had a friend of mine go to a favorite location of mine and Bob G in the middle of the day the other day and hooked up with two nice bass one was 46 inches long. he told me not a soul was around to see his catch, except when he left.