Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
katguy

where to buy hitch mount racks?

10 posts in this topic

where do you guys get them from? ive only seen like 2 different models online, do you make them? specialty shops? what is it...

basically heres the deal, ive been putting my list together for the FJ for awhile, finding exactly what i want, pricing it yadda yadda yadda and planning to basically put it all together at once (in a two month window). but i cant find cooler/rod racks.

i have a 2" reciever in the rear and ill be getting a front bumper with a 2" reciever (attached pic). so depending on where i go i can mount it to the rear or front. or switch it out when i get to where im goin ect...

i guess id like one about 4ft long, 2ft deep with a rail around it probably about a foot or 18" high... i can add rod holders or get one with them, doesnt really matter to me.

custom ..

imho buying what is 'on-line ' is buying junk ..

thinner tubing , non anodized

to get what 'you' want you have to have it made , but you have to watch out for the 'fly by nite' fabricators .. but from someone that has been building racks and knows what they are doing ..

ya just can't get one of these on line

try this site*******************

2. Do not post (or PM) links or URLs or cutesy "add ****" verbiage to commercial websites in your posts or Private Messages.

A commercial website is one that sells products, services or advertising or promotes websites that sell products, services or advertising. For example, a club website, while not selling products or advertising, would be considered commercial if they trade advertising for products or money in the form of sponsor links to commercial websites. We allow links to educational institutions, appropriate governmental agency websites and websites for which we presently have a link exchange arrangement on our "additional resources" web pages. If you are unsure, don't PM or post the link until you contact one of the forum leaders or admins and ask them for a ruling. Anyone private messaging commercial links, URLs or promoting a commercial website to any other member here will lose their ability to send or receive private messages - period. They may also be removed from the entire site.

oh man i miss my bumper....drool.gif stan builds awesome bumper..i had his prototype.

you gotta go custom..i had a cooler rack designed last year to fit that bumper exactly. any store bought cooler rack will have the bottom of the cooler above the hood. I had about a 9" drop on mine because of the hieght of the front receiver on the bumper.