Nats Strasburg

Rate this topic

BobInNH

View PostThere have been a ton of Philly fans in the stands for the series.

They were whooping it up last nite when the Phils came back and then went up by one in the top of the 9th...beers.gif

but the 3 run walkoff HR by Zimmerman kinda took the wind out of their sails.....highfive.gif

NATS are going for the series sweep this afternoon....beatin.gif

Woulda been the first time the Nats ever swept the phils.

Strasburg threw today and they said "it went well" Hopefully its just alittle speed bump.

• 3 weeks later...

Sure was nice to get a big NATS win tonite....I was watching the Redskins/Ravens "game"and jumping to the NATS/Phils game during breaks...

what a bummer to see Strasburg leaving the game with more arm trouble...

I am fearful that Riggleman/McCatty may have ruined Strasburg's career in Atlanta(see previous rants above)...mad.gif

I hope the Nats shut The Kid down for the rest of the season and get him a new manager and pitching coach next season.....ruining a young phenom's arm is one of baseball's biggest sins...

beyond that...the NATS have a lot of talent and there is NO WAY that they should be in last place againmad.gif

Hope the Phillies get back on track after the NATS series is over...I'll be on the Philly bandwagon in the post season for sure...

Oh yeah....the Redskins got pummelled tonitecwm13.gif

Unknown

View PostGuys like Strasburg who are phenoms just don't last. I hope he does but history is not in his favor..... Like brilliant flame that burns out fast but so explosive while it happens...

Why does this seem to always happen to these guys? Is it just physically the human arm can't take it, bad mechanics for the arm that produce high speeds?

What a shame though. The Nats loose, baseball looses.... Add Strasburg to the same list Kerry Wood and many others are on.

John

Create instead of living off the buying and selling of others.......

View PostThis could evolve into a full scale disaster for the NATS.

First thing I thought about when he was scratched was....rotator cuff surgerycwm31.gif

NATS are trying to kinda downplay the injury....but given their luck, I'm expecting the worst.

A few weeks ago in Atlanta, Riggleman sent The Kid up to the plate in a 0=0 game with a runner at 2nd and 2 out...

obvious pinch hitter situation...and Strasburg had pitched 6 scoreless innings at that juncture...it was clearly time to go the bullpen...

Strasburg grounded out to end the inning and went to the mound gassed after the sprint to 1st......

he went 3=0 on the 1st hitter he faced and couldn't get a strike over....ball 4 was almost a wild pitch....

but Riggleman still didn't pull him...

Stephen got shelled after that, gave the Braves a few easy runs and took the loss...

I think that was when Strasburg hurt his arm...

if it was...it is totally Riggleman's faultmad.gif

What a shame..

The Kid was the best young pitcher I have ever seen...

This is making me feel sick...

All the talk about how the NATS were being careful with The Kid is total bs...

Back in June,Riggleman sent him out in the bottom of the 7th in Atlanta, and Strasburg walked Chipper Jones on 4 pitches...he had already pitched too long..

Riggleman left him in the game and he got shelled, Riggleman didn't pull Stephen because he would have looked stupid for sending Strasburg to the plate with 2 outs and the go ahead run on third in the top of the 7th......

Strasburg struggled for his next two starts, it was obvious that he wasn't 100%....but the NATS just kept sending him to the mound...

this is making me feel sick...

Unknown

It's already hard for small market teams but when they get a blow like this it pretty much sets the whole team back 3 years and then they gotta pray Strasburg makes it back.....Everything that was planned around this kid is now scrap.....

John

Create instead of living off the buying and selling of others.......