Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aj537686

Chick with a Nice Rack!

48 posts in this topic

Did I get your attention?? biggrin.gif Good, haha...

Ok so here's the deal guys, I have an awesome cooler rack I bought pretty much one step away from being covered in barnacles..and so I completely overhauled it with 5-step sanding and polish, looks great now! Anyway I'm having a real problem trying to find what to use for the square tubing/poles to mount the rack into my double hitch receivers on the front of my Jeep. I already know they made tons of mounting options for SINGLE hitch receivers, but where do I find the square (tubing) to mount onto the rack for DOUBLE front hitch receivers?? Any help would be greatly-appreciated...thanks in advance!! (By the way I already bought carbon steel tubing, but it's going to rust and orange crust the 1st day in the salt air I just know it.)

(By the way I already bought carbon steel tubing, but it's going to rust and orange crust the 1st day in the salt air I just know it.)

Most cooler racks have steel undercarriages, prime it and paint it, every season. That's what most of us do.

check this out .they sell drawbar in different sizes. weld them to the nice rack and your done. Look under towing section. I hope that is what you are looking for

2. Do not post (or PM) links or URLs or cutesy "add ****" verbiage to commercial websites in your posts or Private Messages.

A commercial website is one that sells products, services or advertising or promotes websites that sell products, services or advertising. For example, a club website, while not selling products or advertising, would be considered commercial if they trade advertising for products or money in the form of sponsor links to commercial websites. We allow links to educational institutions, appropriate governmental agency websites and websites for which we presently have a link exchange arrangement on our "additional resources" web pages. If you are unsure, don't PM or post the link until you contact one of the forum leaders or admins and ask them for a ruling. Anyone private messaging commercial links, URLs or promoting a commercial website to any other member here will lose their ability to send or receive private messages - period. They may also be removed from the entire site.

Google buyers products that should give you some ideas on draw bars

View Post*****************************

check this out .they sell drawbar in different sizes. weld them to the nice rack and your done. Look under towing section. I hope that is what you are looking for

Google buyers products that should give you some ideas on draw bars

Wow thanks...That was what I was looking for..."drawbars" But I'm still unable to find what I need (all I can find are short, ball mount-type drawbars) so the search continues! But thank you..that gives me something to work with

Check in your area for a metal supply house, that is how I got my 2x2 square tubing for making my hitch rack. looks like you care about your vehicle, might be worth it to get 2x2 stainless 1/4"thick square tube. Oh yeah nice Jeep!.......Jack

View PostCheck in your area for a metal supply house, that is how I got my 2x2 square tubing for making my hitch rack. looks like you care about your vehicle, might be worth it to get 2x2 stainless 1/4"thick square tube. Oh yeah nice Jeep!.......Jack

Tried that already...only had carbon steel yuck.

Where did everyone else here get their drawbars from???? I've been looking high and low on the www and can't find anything long enough to support the rack all the way under it, just short MoFos like this http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

If anyone can help that'd be awesome I've been going crazy over here trying to find a solution!!!!!!!! cwm31.gif geezzz lol.

View Postis the rack steel or aluminum ??

on mine i used aluminum smile.gif a lot lighter !!

google online metals

WOW sweet website, thanks! What diameter did you select?? ((Obv you can do exactly 2" because that's the dia of the receiver)) smile.gif

View PostWOW sweet website, thanks! What diameter did you select?? ((Obv you can do exactly 2" because that's the dia of the receiver)) smile.gif

i got the 2x2x .25 . but .... to get it to fit the 2 inch receiver i had to 'round' off the square edges . the inside of the receiver has a 'rounded' inside .

belt sander with a coarse grit . it has worked just fine smile.gif

View PostYou mean a chick's truck with a rackwink.gif

Chicks truck????

I would trade my truck in for one of those liberty renegades in a second. Put a little lift on it, some BFGs, a rack and you are set!!!