Why But But But Bush is an important disucssion

Rate this topic

NS Mike D

Voting out politicians who are compromised to put party first at the expense of serving country is important, but not at the expense of voting an equally compromised politician.

To fix problems one needs to have an honest assessment of how we got here in the first place,

other wise merely calling for change for the sake of change with result in no change - just more of the same.

Isn't that how we ended up with the current government in the first place?

When Obama took office, I posted the line from the Who's Won't get Fooled Again; "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

One of the biggest problems with partisanship, is the emotional need to stand by your team, eliminates the cry for change within the party, and this nothing will ever change.

And that is why, it is why I think open discussion of the republican party and it's track record should be discussed and not brushed off as but but but bush...

Because that leaves the unanswered question of how is the republican party any different that the one who ran the country in the ground to the brink of the tombstone?

"... let it go - lets move forward."

if your car breaks down, you bring it to a shop. there are 2 options to choose from:

shop 1: "nah we're not gonna fix it. We either don't have the correct equipment, or we just don't give a rat's tail. Have a good day!"

shop#2: "yes sure it can be fixed. We have the best mechanics and the best equipments in town. It probably will cost you just a little since we can put most of that on your insurance. Guaranteed 24 hour service turnaround."

Obviously you go with the 2nd option. 3 weeks passed, you're stuck with a $5700 bill and they just opened the hood.

have a good day biggrin.gif

View PostVoting out politicians who are compromised to put party first at the expense of serving country is important, but not at the expense of voting an equally compromised politician.

To fix problems one needs to have an honest assessment of how we got here in the first place,

other wise merely calling for change for the sake of change with result in no change - just more of the same.

Isn't that how we ended up with the current government in the first place?

When Obama took office, I posted the line from the Who's Won't get Fooled Again; "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

One of the biggest problems with partisanship, is the emotional need to stand by your team, eliminates the cry for change within the party, and this nothing will ever change.

And that is why, it is why I think open discussion of the republican party and it's track record should be discussed and not brushed off as but but but bush...

Because that leaves the unanswered question of how is the republican party any different that the one who ran the country in the ground to the brink of the tombstone?

If you say so, after all you are a moderator making value judgement calls as to what is valid.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often and regularly,  invariably for the same reason.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

View PostIf you say so, after all you are a moderator making value judgement calls as to what is valid.

^^^This is exactly the kind of post that is no longer welcome here - it is entirely off topic (you changed the subject of the discussion) and entirely personal (you made the subject the OP). You are not welcome to criticize, antagonize or belittle folks here - please do not make your posts personal or they will be removed. Keep it on topic - thanks.

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

OP is not written in English, and I don't fully understand it.

You can learn lessons from the past. But, you can't fix our current problems, by excusing the current president and congress for their idiocy by going back to the past with the but but bush nonsense endemic (among the liberals) on this site. That doesn't address how to fix the problems, and hardly touches on the causes of the problems.

Where the hell does your logic end? FDR? Hoover? Taft? Jackson?

It's just a blame game. No one is interested in looking at Bush to see where he went wrong and how to correct it. If that was the case, you would also want to look at Bwany, Dodd, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. And a whole lot of other issues, including a bunch of policies and laws instituted by Clinton. But the objective is not to fix things. Ãt's to blame bush for the sake of blaming bush and protecting Obama.

The issues are what they are. Obama's/Pelosi's/Reid's policies are 180 degrees from what is necessary to fix our problems and the common man is fed up. Come November, there will be a blood bath...... If you are an incumbent, you will have a target on your back.

Deficits and Debt? Let's create a huge bureacracy and take over health care (and the car industry, and banks, and......). Financial malfeasance, let's give Goldman Sachs the opportunity to craft a bill for financial reform that does nothing to help any consumer. Illegal aliens and export of Mexico's drug wars, violence and kidnapping to our shores. Let's vilify and sue Arizona.

OK, we can acknowlege the problems from the previous administration.

2 wars, one of them very ill advised.

Tax cuts without corresponding reductions in spending.

Part D

Overgrowth of government.

These are the heavy hitters but what has the current administration learned from these policy errors.

If we the people do not demand that our elected officials start representing our best interests and upholding the constitution we deserve the failure that we get and have now.

There are some bright spots within the republican party. Let's see if the establishment republicans can learn learn from them.

View PostOP is not written in English, and I don't fully understand it.

You can learn lessons from the past. But, you can't fix our current problems, by excusing the current president and congress for their idiocy by going back to the past with the but but bush nonsense endemic (among the liberals) on this site. That doesn't address how to fix the problems, and hardly touches on the causes of the problems.

Where the hell does your logic end? FDR? Hoover? Taft? Jackson?

It's just a blame game. No one is interested in looking at Bush to see where he went wrong and how to correct it. If that was the case, you would also want to look at Bwany, Dodd, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. And a whole lot of other issues, including a bunch of policies and laws instituted by Clinton. But the objective is not to fix things. Ãt's to blame bush for the sake of blaming bush and protecting Obama.

The issues are what they are. Obama's/Pelosi's/Reid's policies are 180 degrees from what is necessary to fix our problems and the common man is fed up. Come November, there will be a blood bath...... If you are an incumbent, you will have a target on your back.

Deficits and Debt? Let's create a huge bureacracy and take over health care (and the car industry, and banks, and......). Financial malfeasance, let's give Goldman Sachs the opportunity to craft a bill for financial reform that does nothing to help any consumer. Illegal aliens and export of Mexico's drug wars, violence and kidnapping to our shores. Let's vilify and sue Arizona.

now we are talking highfive.gif

I agree with pretty much every point, and you can find tons of my posts going on record - except or the last item.

But any mention of the republicans and big government is dismissed as bush bush bush whining

I would like to know how the republicans are any different now than they had been for decades.

because voting for change for the sake of change and bringing back the republicans would otherwise result in more of the same.

"... let it go - lets move forward."

View PostOK, we can acknowlege the problems from the previous administration.

2 wars, one of them very ill advised.

Tax cuts without corresponding reductions in spending.

Part D

Overgrowth of government.

These are the heavy hitters but what has the current administration learned from these policy errors.

If we the people do not demand that our elected officials start representing our best interests and upholding the constitution we deserve the failure that we get and have now.

There are some bright spots within the republican party. Let's see if the establishment republicans can learn learn from them.

You ruined an otherwise excellent post by making it partisan. Both parties have always had a couple of bright spots, but neither has ever learned from them. "Bright spots" typically operate on the fringe of both parties and often unliked by the core because they cross party lines or force the moderation of a pending bill.

View Postnow we are talking highfive.gif

I agree with pretty much every point, and you can find tons of my posts going on record - except or the last item.

But any mention of the republicans and big government is dismissed as bush bush bush whining

I would like to know how the republicans are any different now than they had been for decades.

because voting for change for the sake of change and bringing back the republicans would otherwise result in more of the same.

I believe you answered your own question here. People will vote for change for the sake of change because they are tired of the same crap. They are optimistic, and hold onto the hope that some day change will actually take place, regardless if it is a Democrat or a Republican. I really don't comprehend your statement here as it sounds like you are saying do not vote in the Republicans because the Democrats are currently doing more of the same and there will be no difference?headscratch.gif This is what really gets me going. If you cannot make change happen, then do not promise itcwm40.gif ...for either side. This is why Democrats will get voted out, because they could not make it happen. At the end of the day, they will have nobody to blame but themselves. As the great Captain Phil said, "you either sit back and watch things happen", or "you make things happen", or "you say what the hell happened?!" I think it was something to that effectheadscratch.gif

View PostI posted my opinion,

and it seems that you are not getting the point about making posts about members.

I think you merely justified your complete inability to point to one positive thing that has happened in your turn at bat.

After all the Democrats ARE running against Bush in the midterms. Your leaders have said as much.

So what do the partisans do? Come on message boards and cajole or shame people into agreeing with their opinions instead of showing us the positives (do not exist) of their ideas.

Remember the "diversity" discussion? Well here we have diversity training in action.

"Lets put aside our differences and discuss MY ideas together.

Doesn't work.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

View Post Because that leaves the unanswered question of how is the republican party any different that the one who ran the country in the ground to the brink of the tombstone?

So it was just the republicans?wink.gif

Well the teaparty is going to have a huge impact on shaping the future republican party. Its been happening a while now.

I see the teaparty being completely disgusted with democrats and republicans who have cooperated with them in the past. Liberals have been trying to discredit the party and incumbent republicans have tried ingratiating themselves with the t party.

I think they are all done. Their time has passed.

That doesn't prove Bush was right, it moves beyond the past.

View PostI think you merely justified your complete inability to point to one positive thing that has happened in your turn at bat.

After all the Democrats ARE running against Bush in the midterms. Your leaders have said as much.

So what do the partisans do? Come on message boards and cajole or shame people into agreeing with their opinions instead of showing us the positives (do not exist) of their ideas.

Remember the "diversity" discussion? Well here we have diversity training in action.

"Lets put aside our differences and discuss MY ideas together.

Doesn't work.

Anyone can believe in anything they want. They should be able to discuss it without being antagonized or belittled.

This forum would not exist if people didnt have different ideals. Not going to have too many discussions when everyone agrees with everything.

It doesnt matter generally what a member believes in and wants to discuss. As long as its following the rules and is meant to spark a real discussion then its fine.

If someone wants to blame everything on Obama or Bush or the Moon or so be it. Discuss it in a respectful manor, if you think its too over the top then ignore it. If it breaks the rules then report it. The antagonistic stuff needs to stay out. If thats too hard then dont post.

It does work and its going to work.

View PostAnyone can believe in anything they want. They should be able to discuss it without being antagonized or belittled.

This forum would not exist if people didnt have different ideals. Not going to have too many discussions when everyone agrees with everything.

It doesnt matter generally what a member believes in and wants to discuss. As long as its following the rules and is meant to spark a real discussion then its fine.

If someone wants to blame everything on Obama or Bush or the Moon or so be it. Discuss it in a respectful manor, if you think its too over the top then ignore it. If it breaks the rules then report it. The antagonistic stuff needs to stay out. If thats too hard then dont post.

It does work and its going to work.

What does that have to do with trying to talk people into blaming George Bush for Barak Obama's BS?

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

View PostWhat does that have to do with trying to talk people into blaming George Bush for Barak Obama's BS?

The reason that "But But But Bush" is an invalid argument: The reason people went as far left as they did in the previous primary/election cycle was in large part because they were given the impression that former President Bush was an "arch-conservative".

The "but but but Bush" discussion currently boils down to "George Bush- nominal conservative. Bad. Barack Obama- super-liberal. Must be good, right?"

It's amazing how many people you talk to that say "Well, it's about time that the country took a slight jog to the left", not realizing just how absurd that sentence is when considering the actions of the current Commander in Chief.

I'll agree with you- both the Barack Obama and George W. Bush administrations were arrogant... the difference seems to lie in the fact that Obama would rather play Russian Roulette with our country's future, just so that he could be the one to "fix" it, if anyone, but possibly cause irreparable damage for the rest of eternity in trying, rather than say "Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor" and put the brakes on.

Quote:Originally Posted by Mark LevinLiberals tell you the government sucks, and they want more of it!