Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
striperfisher3

number for south jersey game wardens

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I mainly fish the Cape may point area and ocean city. I was wondering what the number for the game wardens is down there? Is there two different numbers for the different areas? Im asking because im tired of people keeping small fish specifically flounder mainly at Cape may point. They will keep anything. Im just trying to help the fish out. If my spots are too specific, just let me know and i will edit them. Thanks.smile.gif

3 years ago, on a fluke trip out of Pt.P with 12 of our family, my nephew Dennis, a NJ State Trooper, notices these oriental guys keeping all these short fluke. The mates came over and told em that they weren't allowed to keep em cause they were shorts, but the two guys just waved em away and said don't worry about it. The mates left em alone and were pissed off, as was the Captain watching from above. So, Dennis calls his friend and tells him to get in touch with the DEC and meet us at the docks when we come in. We get off the boat, the orientals behind us, DEC comes out and pulls em aside to the Van and has em unload all the fish. They found 9 or 10 shorts, and I heard they were fined somewhere around $3,000. It's a tough lesson, but when your trying to show your kids the correct way and these guys think they're above the law, something had to be done.beatin.gif

Fish and game in NJ is based out of a small shack in south jersey on Nacote Creek. The number is 609 748 2050. Obviously there are deputies who don't live in that marsh in the middle of no where but work in other locations...i believe if you call that number that is the quickest way for them to dispatch a conservation officer who is local to where you are calling from. If you call off-shift... all bets are off.

I have that number programmed in my phone specifically to bust the gold fish sized blackfish and seabass poaching Asians...the worst thorn in my side.

Get specific info like car and boat registrations numbers. If the spot is popular they already know about it and probably work it 3 or 4 times a week but they cant just sit on one spot 24/7. Commercial fisheries take up half their time. Reg numbers will alert them to who needs a closer check.

We need a saltwater license to get serious about poachers.

In 2009 there were nine saltwater fish and game officers in NJ. Two of them sit behind a desk. There are fortynine fresh water officers because of the license. Another reason to get a license. That is as long as the funds go to the resource.

I got this info from the director himself.

Carl

View PostGet specific info like car and boat registrations numbers. If the spot is popular they already know about it and probably work it 3 or 4 times a week but they cant just sit on one spot 24/7. Commercial fisheries take up half their time. Reg numbers will alert them to who needs a closer check.

We need a saltwater license to get serious about poachers.

would really like to see a salt water license, as long as the money stays in enforcement, research & protection of our game fish