Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

How about we just stop driving?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Im serious.

All you cubicle farmers. Just freekin work at home. I don't mean some people on some days, I mean everybody all the time. Everybody whose job is sitting around and typing and yapping on the phone and going to "meetings".

Instead of building a POS car that won't work and nobody wants, just get a regular car and don't drive it. Tear down all those skyscrapers, use the cubicles as artificial coral reefs. Why does a man want to sit on a train next to a complete stranger that smells like a toilet cake to go sit in a building that smells like formaldehyde to type?

I made a damn decent living working out of an office in my house, and I'm a mumbnuts. My wife can do her gig anywhere there is a phone and an airport nearby.

Wow this is easier than I thought, I could have been an environmental engineer.

Thoughts?

View Postnah. I like driving, besides how can tow my boat silly?

I mean the cube farmers. Make those zombies stop driving. Its stupid to go sit in a building in some city to do a gig that you can do in your kitchen with a laptop and a cellphone.

Give everybody a gift certificate to Staples for 100 bucks and send em packing.

Valid point.

My job keeps me out of the office. Any paperwork that gets done, gets done at home.

On my semi-annual visit to the office, though, I see loads of people that are there every day pretty much solely so management can see what time they get there and what time they leave. EVERYTHING they do is on a computer and on a phone.

View Postwhen you breathe, you produce a lot of CO2,

any solutions?

Can you do your job at home?

I hate working at home.

I can do it, but I hate it.

Every now and then clients expect to come to an office, and see me. Considering that my home is in a different state, 26 miles from my office, this would make it difficult. cwm27.gif

I tried to spend half my time at home. I only live 17 miles from my work but i figure and posed to my boss that not only could I save money but I would increase my productivity. I already have a laptop and access to the work server from home if needed. his response was I an paid to be at work. Funny I thought I was paid to get a job done. sometimes it doesn't pay to be in an old company with old workers. my wife is looking at a company that after a short training period encourages there employees to work from home.

View PostIm going to stick with wanting green tech that allows us to live our lives the way we always have or want, just with a lesser negative impact on the environment.

my hybrid is yeiding me 5x better gas mileage, I figure that's less pollutants I am forcing my family to inhale.

but let them mock me.