Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
c4charlie

Monthly Freshwater Fishing Thread

26 posts in this topic

Not sure if the subject has been discussed...

Why don't we create a Monthly fishing reports thread for freshwater?

Seems that there are a lot of people that fish freshwater and everyone could learn and post their experiences in one thread rather than not posting or creating a lot of new threads for one fishing report. I know that I fish freshwater 3-5 times a week and would like being able to post in one thread.

Moderators and fellow SOLers, what do you think?

Sounds good to me. It will be a community fishing log. I think things like temperature, wind, pressure and other general weather items should be included as much as possible. It would really be a key asset for everyone when they're getting skunked.

Sounds great to me. Most of the regional forums have a similar "fishing reports" thread and that seems to work out well.

I wonder if Bi-weekly would be better, as a monthly thread could get quite long. Either way, I'm for it.

Two thumbs up... and i was just out in the kayak caught a couple small ones right before it got real dark on a jointed jitterbug which they took while it was on the move. On my way back to get my headlamp I noticed that the big fish were starting to break and swell so back out it is.

I give the idea a 2 icon14.gificon14.gif . biggrin.gif

However, with the same requirement of no "spot burning" for private lakes. We all know some of the little lakes have very little access and if the residents see too many folks out there fishing, we all get kicked out.redface.gif

As far as lakes like Assunpink, Union, Parvin, Hammonton etc., everyone who fishes FW here in NJ knows them. But, once again, giving specific locations in those lakes is to be verboten.mad.gif

Spig