Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LynnG

Yet another new member

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I have spent summers in Maine for the last 15 years and moved from Ohio to Trenton,ME year round two years ago. I fish fresh, salt and hard water both from a boat and shore. I will be retiring soon and plan to significantly increase my fishing time. I focus on stripers in the salt as much as I can. Lots of success until the last three years. Any advice for fishing the MDI area will be greatly appreciated. I am about ready to head down to southern Maine so I'm not skunked three years in a row. I've tried other bottom fish with no luck. Macs are all I can seem to catch.

View PostJust wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I have spent summers in Maine for the last 15 years and moved from Ohio to Trenton,ME year round two years ago. I fish fresh, salt and hard water both from a boat and shore. I will be retiring soon and plan to significantly increase my fishing time. I focus on stripers in the salt as much as I can. Lots of success until the last three years. Any advice for fishing the MDI area will be greatly appreciated. I am about ready to head down to southern Maine so I'm not skunked three years in a row. I've tried other bottom fish with no luck. Macs are all I can seem to catch.

Welcome to the Forum LynnG.

If your coming done as far as Wells in your quest shoot me a PM. I might be able to help you find what you're looking for. I been averaging 6 fish 20"-27" per outing.

Welcome, clapping.gif I wish I could help and steer the gulf stream tighter to downeast, not much you can do other than travel. Maybe hit the migration south. sept to Oct 1st, southern me and NH, all of september and almost all of October cape cod and south.

Good luck and welcome.

View PostCan I pm you? Show a newbe some tricks?

Sure, I would welcome any thoughts. Not sure how the PM's on this site work, but I'm sure I will figure it out.

Thanks to everyone else. I find this site very helpful. Glad I decided to stop lurking and start participating.

View PostCan I pm you? Show a newbe some tricks?

View PostSure, I would welcome any thoughts. Not sure how the PM's on this site work, but I'm sure I will figure it out.

Thanks to everyone else. I find this site very helpful. Glad I decided to stop lurking and start participating.

Welcome to the site. There are alot of great and helpful people here.

It seems you do not have PM privileges yet. Make a few more posts and also in a few days and you should have them.

Thanks to all who have posted a reply. I guess I'm a bit new to have PM capability; soon I hope. If I can help with any local knowledge of the Acadia and MDI are let me know.