Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazybellringer

AI vs the rt 50 bridge.

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I have been using google earth to scope out AI and the rt 50 bridge my one question is are there similar fish in both areas. Do i need to leave AI to go to the bridge for stripers or blues? It sounds like AI has fluke and king fish. the bridge has stripers and blues. I would prefer stripers and blues can i get them out front in the surf or out back at AI?

I have a bait and a plug set up. This is what I would like to throw.

Stripers

SS popper

Bombers

darters

Blues

metal and old plugs

King fish

Fish Bites

I need to tie up some hi lo rigs

Flounder

Flounder rigs and jigs tipped with gulp

For bait

I was thinking Bunker and Clams. Any other suggestions?

View PostI have been using google earth to scope out AI and the rt 50 bridge my one question is are there similar fish in both areas. Do i need to leave AI to go to the bridge for stripers or blues? It sounds like AI has fluke and king fish. the bridge has stripers and blues. I would prefer stripers and blues can i get them out front in the surf or out back at AI?

In the summer months, you'll have better chances with Rockfish at the RT 50 bridge, at NIGHT. Late Fall, early Spring migrations, that's a different story.

I am looking to go out late at night. I was hoping the cooler water might bring some fish in closer to the beach. I prefer to throw lures but if i have to wait and bait i will.