XJ headlight upgrades?

Finnbar

View PostJust picked up a 2000 Cherokee Sport, my first jeep, like it but the headlights suck! Any recommendations on improving my frontal illumination?

Thanks

Up grade the wiring harness , Lens & bulbs to an H4 type, This is what most do.

View PostI was hoping to keep the existing harness and do it on the cheapredface.gif

The factory wiring is crap & will melt if you go to a larger bulb.

Here is a harness alot of jeep guys use, only $18.99 & a vast improvement over factory, Even if you keep the factory headlights they will burn brighter with a good harness.

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-eA...com-189849.htm

View PostBetter check that cylinder head. Mine is cracked and going to be replaced this sunday.

What year is your XJ? I'm guessing 2000-2001, those had the most frequent issues with cracked heads. Sorry it happened though.

Island livin

View PostIts a 2000 with 86k. ITs been cracked since about 80. I wonder how much engine damage the antifreeze has done. Im religious with the oil changes and watch the gauges like im OCD. Its never gotten about 210.

How did you know it was cracked? Did you smell coolant or see it leaking from the head? I am asking because I am paranoid about the head on my '00 cracking

View PostAnother victim of the Notorious 0331 head!

Yup, if mine goes its definitely getting a 0630 or something other then a 0331 in its place.

Island livin