Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Left handed reel to match a jig stick

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

A cousin, who's a lefty, wants to upgrade some of his equipment. A bunch of us are going to get him some gear. Since he and I talk fishing all the time it was my job at a recent family function to find out what he wants. The rod was easy. He wanted a bluefish/striper jig rod similar to a St. Croix PC66HF. The rod that I've picked out is a Lami XSW66XHC. The problem is in selecting a reel. Not many choices for lefties. He wants something bigger than an ABU 6501. He likes level wind but I'm not sure that its a good choic for jigging. Here's the choices I can find.

Penn 321GTi (levelwind) 4.3:1 or a Jigmaster 500LLH which is 4:1. That's about it. Anyone know of any others?

man i tell you what bud lefty reels is a thing i wished they made more of too.also they make a 140 squiddah in left as well which id probaly take over the penn jiggey but would make the abu my number 1 choice hands down then jiggy iffn i couldnt get the 140 penn.my 2 pennies,any others?

[This message has been edited by grampa old spook (edited 07-03-2001).]

You lefties are sure getting a raw deal. Unfortuanately the sqidder is to slow for jigging. He's already got the biggest ABU and wants something a little larger. Looks like the Penn 321GTi.

Thanks