Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Don's Pot Belly Jigs

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

These things used to be sold to albie/bonito fishermen and I've even had some luck with them...especially the 'firetiger' color with the flashabou(sp) tail. A few years ago, these jigs became difficult to find and I was told it was because the owner died.

Segue to last week - I was on vacation down in FL and much to my surprise, I found them in some of the shops down there. They didn't have the color I was interested in and thus, didn't buy any.

So I wonder if 1) this things are imitations (including the name) or 2) the 'real mccoy'/left overs still available because perhaps they don't sell well down there...any guesses?

Thanks for the heads up - I found it. I may be placing an order. I've only tried them a couple of times, but they have caught albies on both occasions...although as a cautious reminder, these were on days when I caught albies on everything I threw (from flyfishing, to plugs, plastics, metals and the pot belly jigs)...and I don't want to have a big knee jerk reaction to something that may only work on days when they are on a full out blitz and hitting anything