Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silverfox

Lobster Shacks

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Will be in the Rockland & Bar Habor area for a week. Would like some spot burning on good places for Lobter rolls, steamers, oysters and the best blueberry pies.

Have a guide set for one day fishing and may be able to fish other days.

Could also use some direction of area fishing in Rockland, type of shore line, size rod, type of plugs and loacal tackle shops. Trying to figure what to bring.

Won't need a thing with guide cannot wait.

Thanks

I'll go to my grave declaring that Helen's makes the best blueberry pie in the world, get the one with fresh blueberries (without the crust). There's one in Ellsworth off route one not quite as scenic as the one on the Machias river.

If your'e taking route one into Rockland, Red's in Wiscasset before the bridge over the Sheepscot river has probably the best lobster roll in the world or so its been claimed.

Never fished in Rockland but I bet you'll find some fish. Have fun.

Best blueberry pie is at the Cottage Street Bakery in Bar Harbor. I live here and eat a lot of it and this is the best. If you want to fish stay down the coast, nothing to speak of in the salt around the MDI area.

View PostWill be in the Rockland & Bar Habor area for a week. Would like some spot burning on good places for Lobter rolls, steamers, oysters and the best blueberry pies.

Have a guide set for one day fishing and may be able to fish other days.

Could also use some direction of area fishing in Rockland, type of shore line, size rod, type of plugs and loacal tackle shops. Trying to figure what to bring.

Won't need a thing with guide cannot wait.

Thanks

Watermans Beach lobster...in So Thomaston is great...Millers Lobster Wharf in Spruce head is classic Maine lobster dockside dining as is 5 islands lobster located a bit south in Georgetown....Graffam Brothers seafood market in Rockport has best/cheapest lobster roll in Maine as well as delicious lobster stew...youngs seafood/lobster pound in belfast is killer...the list of places is endless...if you want to wait inline for an hour try Reds in wisscasset...the line is long for a reason

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

My wife and I are planning on blueberry pancakes at the Lobster festival along with lobster for dinner.

You would think being from NJ I would get enough of lobster (never) and blueberries but Lobster in Maine is just different and never compared NJ Blueberries to any where else. Cannot get Lobster Rolls anywhere in NJ like Maine that I am aware of. We were in Maine in 93 and was shocked to see lobster roll at the local McDonalds.

Super-Fly I will see you on Aug fourth looking forward to it.