Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrod106

Fly reel clicking noise

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have an Okuma Integrity fly reel (actually 2 of them). Both of them have a feature that I believe is common on most fly reels - when you pull the line out the reel makes a clicking noise. On both of the reels, the clicking noise stopped working. After it stopped working, I checked to make sure that the drag was still functioning properly - it works fine on both. I took the spools off each reel and saw that there's a small metal piece that snapped. It looks like it was some pretty flimsy material to begin with. My questions to anyone are 1) what's the proper name of this clicking thing? 2) It appears that the reel is still functioning properly, but is this clicking thing necessary for long term functionality of the reel. Thanks in advance.

Here's the schematic for your reel (I think). If the part that broke is #304, it looks like its just there to make noise, just like the little clicker on the back end of some spinning reel spools. Other than the clicking, it won't make a difference if its there or not.

Thanks for the schematic. I was on Okuma's website, but couldn't download anything. I'll have to take a look again, but my guess is that #304 is the part that broke.

Has anyone else had a problem with this part breaking? It broke on 2 reels, so I'm guessing it's a common issue.

I would guess it's just there for sound, but the question is, where is the part aht broke off? Fell out of the reel, or waiting around in there to jam you up?

O