Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snoryder

Whats biting in AC??

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I'm vacationing from Canada, I was fishing in the New York area, Jamaica Bay and its been crap. Only thing I've seen are crabs. We're spending the next couple of day in AC. I'm a freshwater fisherman, and have only freshwater tackle. Seen some guys bottom fishing with heavy lead and a piece of fish. Is this the best method now? Can I do this behind the hotels? I'm staying at Trump plaza. I also searched the Brigantine area and absecon inlet. I'd like to drive my truck on the brigantine side and fish from the beach. Would I bottom fish from here for best results or chuck hardware, jigs and rapalas?

Thanks

Your freshwater gear will be fine for fluke:

get yourself some 1-2oz pancake sinkers some 1/0 or 2/0 hooks some 20lb fluro and a pack of gulp chartreuse swimming mullets.

Take the leader tie a dropper about 10" from swivel and attach the first hook go down leader about a foot and tie second dropper loop. Attach sinker. Another foot and a half tie on second hook. Put gulp on both hooks cast out slowly twitch back towards you pause and take up slack and repeat. You will catch fluke off the beach or better yet around some rocks

if this doesn't work consider golf