Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Charged for a dental consult

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

A few months ago, I went to an oral surgeon regarding a possible tooth implant - he discussed the cost with me and I eventually opted out. Several months later, I get billed for the consult. He never discussed the charge for the consult and I don't recall signing anything. It's only in the neighborhood of $150 (give or take). Should I have expected to be billed for that?

My brother was living just outside of NYC in the late 90's and had an interior decorator come over to his house to give him an estimate for curtains, furniture and rugs and crap like that. Her price was ridiculously high and my bro and his wife decided to keep everything the same. Then they got her "consulting fee" of $1000!!! Thats one thousand American dollars!!!!! They never paid it.

If I need to get a second opinion or a consultation I ask up front before scheduling an appointment if there is a fee or cost, that way there is no confusion later.

Call the office and see if you can negotiate a lower rate.

In general I find most consultation sessions are charged a fee and if you opt for a service for them, the consultation fee gets credited toward the job.

Dr's and lawyers never work for free if you see them in person.Recentlyneeded a letter froma doctor. Picked up the letter.it was incorrect.asked to breifly speakto doc about iot....not without an appointment which I was charged for.

View PostWhile you should expect to be billed for an office visit on this, $150 is about 3 times too steep...cwm13.gif...$50, I could see.........

^ $60 is what I pay, that's with xrays and and a dentist poking around my mouth saying he sure could use a few more K.

next time I'm gonna have to get a consultant to estimate the fee I may have to pay for being consulted by another consultant headscratch.gif

wait that just doesn't seem right biggrin.gif

lucky me I know people in dentistry, last time I was there having some X-rays + consulting for free; thought my tooth was acting up, turned out to be just a scratch on the gum.