Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThatSlyBasstard

"Striper Time" Movie/Video

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Old video from the 50's about striper fishing. Look at all those dead fish though it's kinda sad, but kind of cool at the same time to see them doing just what we do back then.

"> 6sQHQVCSuhg

great video...btw did he say 45lbs at the end for the fish that was looked to be around 18lbs. i guess they had to add in the dramatic effect, still great video!

View Postgreat video...btw did he say 45lbs at the end for the fish that was looked to be around 18lbs. i guess they had to add in the dramatic effect, still great video!

Ditto. Yeah, that 45 lber didn't look much bigger than the 20 lber he caught earlier. confused.gif

Great video...thanks for posting.

I don't carry a scale, and have to "guestimate" weights. I'm gonna use the last fish in the video as a reference point from now on...I'll be the king of 40s...ha ha hacwm27.gif

The fish is, admittadly, pretty fat.

Back then when there wasn't so many bunker boats, fish might have been heavier at smaller sizes because of their abundance of food. Not 45#, but it could have been heavier then you think.

Nice.

I noted it was photographed and directed by Van Camp Heilner. I've got a couple of his books in my library; Salt Water Fishing and Adventures in Angling, A Book of Salt Water Fishing.