Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scortoncreekfisher

Race Point

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

View PostAllowed and encouraged!!!beers.gif

Watch out BIG TIME.The rangers are watching people that are partying it up and waiting for the vehicles to depart the beach.They will stop you at the air station and check you out.Some are in 'plain clothes' during the day.Also at night in the Race Lot they are watching for 'other activity'.4 a.m. is still watched.Had a good friend of mine interrogated at 4 a.m. by two rangers on foot when he and 2 clients exited the vehicle to fish the beach.They were very pushy and arrogant.They had done nothing and were quiet setting up their gear.The rangers wanted to search his vehicle but wouldn't say what they were looking for so he refused.Be VERY carefull out there.Remember that is FEDERAL lands.

View PostWatch out BIG TIME.The rangers are watching people that are partying it up and waiting for the vehicles to depart the beach.They will stop you at the air station and check you out.Some are in 'plain clothes' during the day.Also at night in the Race Lot they are watching for 'other activity'.4 a.m. is still watched.Had a good friend of mine interrogated at 4 a.m. by two rangers on foot when he and 2 clients exited the vehicle to fish the beach.They were very pushy and arrogant.They had done nothing and were quiet setting up their gear.The rangers wanted to search his vehicle but wouldn't say what they were looking for so he refused.Be VERY carefull out there.Remember that is FEDERAL lands.

shakehead.gif OUR federal lands, bleepin bleep bleeps

It was my Birthday .. turned 40.. i wouldn't really say i was "partying it up" if you call 2 beers partying.... you and i are on different pages. if i saw a ranger, there wouldn't be an

' open container" it just means i dring faster and it would be a "empty containe"r. Besides, i was fishing which is more enjoyable than anything! one that i kept was 32" , the one that go away...well he ripped drag like a mofo.... had to be in the 15+lb range. Its nice when they jump of the water like a torpedo, shake their head , spit your lure out and say "f-u" and leave

Im going to fish the Race tonight I think into the morning for the first time from shore. I have from the boat and it looks like without the ORV permit I would be able to park in the lot by the visitor center near the dunes. Anybody want to correct me if I am wrong? Also is there a fee? I will have a buddy with me who will most likely be chunking while I am plugging and throwing jigs so If you see a couple of younger guys out there feel free to say hellohighfive.gif