Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oakey

Introducing the West Coast Tog & friends

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Haven't posted much since moving to California in November of 2008...but I am still checking in a few times per week. Just wanted to let you all know that our " West Coast Weakfish" are much bigger, our black sea bass weigh 200 lbs and our tog aka tailgate tog because they look like Atlanta Falcons Linebackers(thanks for the nickname Tim)...are bigger and more handsome then the blackfish on the East Coast. Here are some pictures from my trip yesterday to the Channel islands...hope all of the shark river surf anglers and old guard are doing well. see you soon guys....save some striped bass for me.smile.gif

first picture is a black sea bass well over 150 lbs that tried to eat a calico bass I was reeling in. fought him for 45 minutes, then jumped on the swim platform to take the hook out as you are not allowed to take them out of the water. captain took a picture with my phone, but the black sea bass was not really cooperating. he swam away with a sore lip, but in great condition.

seconds is a california sheepshead aka tailgate or west coast tog. fought like a bastage...21 lbs

third is a white sea bass...they look like weakfish on steroids. 40 lbs.

View PostWow! That sheeps-head looks way over 21 pounds! Cool fish, never seen a black sea-bass like that.

That's what I was thinking. Very cool looking fish.

cwm31.gif Man that sheepshead has some nasty arse teeth! And a head like a

Mahi I bet it gave one hell of a fight! Very Nice Well Done.

Love seeing pictures of different fish from different places.