Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pwyxit100

johnson oceanrunner 150- water pump

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

$15 for the impellor, its a DIY for me, 1 hr I would say is fair for a mech who's got a few under his belt. If I really didn't enjoy doing it I'd be willing to spend $150, why not have them do the gear oil at the same time, it usually works out a bit cheaper that way vs 2 seperate bills.

I bet it is close to 200 bucks. I just bought a parts kit for mine and it was around 60, first time doing it so it took about an hour and a half, and needed a second set of hands to help get the shift linkage lined up.

the shift linkage is a pita....other than that not bad. we get 300-400 depending on how things come apart. this includes pressure testing the seals in the lower unit, changing the gear oil and a complete pump kit($60-80 depending on where it comes from) and thermos(the thermos in the ocean runners are expensive), it usually takes around 2-3 hrs total time. this includes testing and cleaning the boat. people don't consider that it takes extra time to test, wash and clean etc....certainly easy enough to tackle yourself with simple tools and small amount of ability to use them. make sure you grease the drive shaft when going back together(not the very top though, just the splines) and all nuts and bolts you took out. makes life way easier next time around