Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weakfishin'NY

montauk

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

went out to Montauk a few weeks ago and tried to go fluking after a few bass, the porgies were everywhere, could not get away from them. I have this Thursday and Friday off, does anyone know if the fluke are in more I have seen some reports but nothing that I truly trust. I do not want a spot I just want to know whether it is worth buys some fluke rigs and bring my fluking poll as I will be on a boat the one day. And I know boat "fishing is cheating", but for no cost I am going out, I am not turning down the offer.

When it comes to fluking, boat fishing ain't cheating wink.gif . I don't have any specific information, but fluke fishing in Montauk is usually very good this time of year. I'd say go for it.

Put the porgy's to good use. Thar be monsters lurkin' in the rips. As far as fluking, let me ask you a question. what other spot on L.I. will you have a better chance at catching keepers?

I really can't wait to go. I really wanna catch a 40, maybe a 50lb bass. I heard that them flies that you can put eels on will work great for them.

View PostI really can't wait to go. I really wanna catch a 40, maybe a 50lb bass. I heard that them flies that you can put eels on will work great for them.

----------

If you want a 40 or 50 lb bass, your better off staying in joisey...

I know I would usually bring ones I've made without a question but I lost some 3 weeks ago when I went there, and the porgies were impossible to get out of. I'm hoping to go out tomorrow but the weather looks kind of crappy hoping that Friday will be better and the guy said we could go out then. Thanks for the input.

View PostI really can't wait to go. I really wanna catch a 40, maybe a 50lb bass. I heard that them flies that you can put eels on will work great for them.

Flies that you can put eels on?headscratch.gif