Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddy

wikileaks and 90,000+ documents

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Who the heck leaks 90,000+ "secret" documents to some one in at some pretty much unknown website?

I could understand a handful of them, but 90,000+?

And why does it seem like no one cares about who sent them to the guy at wikileaks?

Once again. More than ninety thousand documents. That's no small feat.

View Postexcept that the wikileaks guy is from Africa

But the guy feeding the leaks is not. He is probably US Army, and needs to be in prison for a very long time. They suspect it may be the guy they're already holding on the same charges.

View PostBut the guy feeding the leaks is not. He is probably US Army, and needs to be in prison for a very long time. They suspect it may be the guy they're already holding on the same charges.

that part as much is true. wikileaks is a freaking clandestine operation. basically, no one knows who runs the thing except for the lead guy.

View Posti thought i heard on the radio he lived in Africa though

He has no actual home. He travels around the world with one bag containing his clothes. His mother and father met at an anti-Vietnam war demonstration and he moved 37 times before he was aged 14.

On checking a bit further though he did spend some time in Kenya and Tanzania. This was probably prior to 2009 when he won the Amnesty International Media Award for exposing extrajudicial assassinations in Kenya.

So should we have executed ellson for releasing the Pentagon Papers as well?

We get treated like mushrooms by our govt and when someone releases info that sheds light on all the BS we've been told the reaction is to string up the person that brought it to light.

I certainly don't agree with putting troops in harms way by releasing classified info, but to see the info so we can clearly see how much fertilizer we've been fed since the start of the Afgan war is our right IMO. We need to know how much we are being lied to - how else do you try and counter it?

For example - let's say the old COINTELPRO program was still up and running, trampling on american citizens rights like they were in the 50's/60's/70's

if someone leaked that info out now would the reaction be to string them up? I don't get it.

View PostSo should we have executed ellson for releasing the Pentagon Papers as well?

We get treated like mushrooms by our govt and when someone releases info that sheds light on all the BS we've been told the reaction is to string up the person that brought it to light.

I certainly don't agree with putting troops in harms way by releasing classified info, but to see the info so we can clearly see how much fertilizer we've been fed since the start of the Afgan war is our right IMO. We need to know how much we are being lied to - how else do you try and counter it?

For example - let's say the old COINTELPRO program was still up and running, trampling on american citizens rights like they were in the 50's/60's/70's

if someone leaked that info out now would the reaction be to string them up? I don't get it.

So what classified information should be released to the public?