Followers 0
Surf Hunter

Are you.......

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

View PostAre you 100% anti-liberal?

Discuss.

when i see some of their programs/policies, 100% against their agendas,

yet have lots of lib friends, as long as we keep politics chat to a minimal, still good friends

so 100% against their politics,

yet not against them as friends/individuals

View Postwhen i see some of their programs/policies, 100% against their agendas,

yet have lots of lib friends, as long as we keep politics chat to a minimal, still good friends

so 100% against their politics,

yet not against them as friends/individuals

Interesting.....so you are against the following? (per wiki BTW)

Liberalism in the United States is a broad political philosophy centered around the unalienable rights of the individual. The fundamental liberal ideals of freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, right to due process and equality under the law, and separation of church and state are widely accepted as a common foundation across the spectrum of liberal thought.

I would think these ideas would be accepted by everyone. confused.gif

I respect any and all people that in turn afford me the same (the old golden rule).

Liberalism precludes an individual from granting respect to other free willed, free thinking individuals.

So its tough, but it is not my doing. Its theirs.

View PostInteresting.....so you are against the following? (per wiki BTW)

Liberalism in the United States is a broad political philosophy centered around the unalienable rights of the individual. The fundamental liberal ideals of freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, right to due process and equality under the law, and separation of church and state are widely accepted as a common foundation across the spectrum of liberal thought.

Yes, these ideas are very acceptable for me, but the reality check is in the mail on most of these, the ideal has been so distorted by partisanship and special interests that these ideals have become sullied and unrecognizable.

View PostI respect any and all people that in turn afford me the same (the old golden rule).

Liberalism precludes an individual from granting respect to other free willed, free thinking individuals.

So its tough, but it is not my doing. Its theirs.

How so? Would that not fall under the freedom of speech doctrine?

Again, just asking as I never really thought about "what a liberal" is before but see it blasted here all the time. Seems to me that is opposite of what a liberal is by definition.

Other then the "patriot" comment, what is the polar opposite?

View PostYes, these ideas are very acceptable for me, but the reality check is in the mail on most of these, the ideal has been so distorted by partisanship and special interests that these ideals have become sullied and unrecognizable.

Is there a political party out there that has not been distorted by partisanship and special interests to now be deemed unrecognizable?

View PostInteresting.....so you are against the following? (per wiki BTW)

Most Libs here go WAAAY beyond this stuff though.

Libs are championing such causes as :

1) Closing Gitmo.

2) Amnesty to all Illegals.

3) Banning guns. Pretty much period.

4) Stopping schools from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. (Fun one here in MA)

5) Passing out condoms to little kids in school.

6) Redistribution of Wealth....aka: Handouts for welfare addicts....

7) Eco-insanity.

8) All Peta members are Libs.

9) Suing our OWN STATE for trying to stop the massive invasion coming up from Mexico, not to mention the horrible murders/kidnappings going on in Phoenix.

It's endless. Sheer stupidity imo. Just as bad are the Right-Wingers. Well...not AS bad..but there are a few things that bug me about them too.

Moderate Dems I can deal with fine.

I am a antiliberal and I know a bunch of them only take and never give back. Free loaders are all they are. They also expect you to pick up their part of the tab. Damn leachesmad.gifmad.gif

View PostIs there a political party out there that has not been distorted by partisanship and special interests to now be deemed unrecognizable?

Couldn't agree more, neither major party are true to their roots, and as far as I'm concerned are all mostly spivs and carpetbaggers.

In Australia, the Liberal party is the conservative party - the Labor party is the equivalent of the Democrats, similar situation to here.

View Post

In Australia, the Liberal party is the conservative party - the Labor party is the equivalent of the Democrats, similar situation to here.

Interesting you bring up Australia and what lib means there, cause from what i read, most liberals in the US are what is known as conservative liberals. sure you have far leaning to one side or another, but you have that in all parties.