Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pogie_boy

My ride.. properly adorned!

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Word to the wise, some bikes just aren't meant to have baskets installed.

After mangling the bracket enough and mounting to the post tension nut, the baskets sit a little too close to the pedals and the back of my boot gets caught on the basket... so I pedal with my heels.cwm13.gif

But it does the job biggrin.gif

Canal_bike.jpg

Picture is worth a 1,000 words....here you go...

The bracket should've come with yer basket , if not go to a bikeshop and get it...don't pedal with yer heelsbiggrin.gif

I have the problem with my heels hitting the basket too. might be because I have size 12's though. was nice to meet you the other morning pogie boy. fished much further east this morning with no where near as much success as yesterday. should have gone back there.

Ratty, yer all over my $#$@! biggrin.gif

I couldn't use that mounting bracket in that location.. the tubes are fat and there was no space to mount it. I'll post pictures of that later. It's probably because this is a smaller woman's (pfft probably a girls) mountain bike... I got it for free so I wasn't complainin.. wink.gif

With no other place to mount the bracket.. I figured that spot would work fine so I went ahead and mashed up the brackets and drilled out one of the aluminum grommets.... everything went together pretty well after that.. and then I got on shakehead.gif

View PostI have the problem with my heels hitting the basket too. might be because I have size 12's though. was nice to meet you the other morning pogie boy. fished much further east this morning with no where near as much success as yesterday. should have gone back there.

Freebie! I'm hoping to do the same trick next weekend, probably Sunday. I'll probably park mid-canal, bike West and fish my way East.

The East end has not been my friend this Summer.cwm13.gif

I don't have size 12's! redface.gif

View PostPB, not all over yer @#$#$, at all , just trying to help you out.smile.gif

Aw I know! smile.gif And I need all the help I can get... er... and a bigger bike....redface.gif

If I didn't really think you were being nice to me, I'd have told you what color pencil I caught that fish on wink.gif