Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ifishforbass

Pakistan *** ?

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

What should the United States do about pakistan helping the insurgency in Afghanistan? we give these guys tons of money and they use it to kill our troops.In my honest opinion we need to do something because this is a major betrayal. My question to you is how should we handle this in realistic terms?

this is nothing new. That Paki's secret service was helping Taliban has been reported for years. The Bush Admin seemed to do a good job of pressuring them to stop but there was a lot of upheaval in Paki governmt over the last 6 years so it was a delicate job.

View Postthis is nothing new. That Paki's secret service was helping Taliban has been reported for years. The Bush Admin seemed to do a good job of pressuring them to stop but there was a lot of upheaval in Paki governmt over the last 6 years so it was a delicate job.

"Jere Van Dyk, A Taliban 'Captive' For 45 Days : NPR

Jul 1, 2010 ... In 2008, Jere Van Dyk set off from Kabul to write an authoritative book on the Taliban. ... Van Dyk says when he was captured, his jailer made it very clear that his life depended ... "I thought of Daniel Pearl" - the journalist who was captured almost six years to the day before Van Dyk's capture, ..."

Van Dyk said America will have to accept this relationship between Pakistani authorities and the Taliban because that's the established way the two entities operate together and it's not going to change.

View PostWhat should the United States do about pakistan helping the insurgency in Afghanistan? we give these guys tons of money and they use it to kill our troops.In my honest opinion we need to do something because this is a major betrayal. My question to you is how should we handle this in realistic terms?

The first thing is to recognize that Pakistani government does not have control over those helping the insurgency. Tribal structure is the rule in a good deal of that country.

View PostThe first thing is to recognize that Pakistani government does not have control over those helping the insurgency. Tribal structure is the rule in a good deal of that country.

You are ignoring that ISI is or has been aiding and collaborating with the Taliban. You're comment that Pakistan's government does not have control over these parties can still be supported, however, since it's not clear that civilian government there has sufficient strength to control intelligence or military organizations at all levels.

View PostAre we winning or losing?

I think we're not winning.

Is "not winning" the same as losing or is "not winning" a stalemate?

Have you read any part of the massive dump of Afghan war intel documents that is one of today's biggest news stories?

From what I've heard we've not been told the truth about the war.

View PostI think we're not winning.

Is "not winning" the same as losing or is "not winning" a stalemate?

Have you read any part of the massive dump of Afghan war intel documents that is one of today's biggest news stories?

From what I've heard we've not been told the truth about the war.

No but I will. Glad to see it, I am damn tired of seeing those kids die for pretty much nothing.

View PostThe first thing is to recognize that Pakistani government does not have control over those helping the insurgency. Tribal structure is the rule in a good deal of that country.

No! No! No! Don't you know that this, too, is Bushs fault? Still?