Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STRIPER SWIPER PMB

Gettysburg?

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Thinking of making a trip there this coming weekend with the wife.

Can anybody recommend a good inn, or a nice place to stay without spending $200 a night. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

$200 in Gettysburg would get you the penthouse suite with full time maid and butler. I have a friend who's a Civil War buff and he never pays more than about $80 per night. There are even cheaper places than that.

Look in Frederick, Md for rooms. A little town about 30 minutes from Gettysburg.

Go visit Antietam while you're there. It is less than an hour away from G-burg, and just as interesting. Harpers Ferry is another civil war site to take in while you'er in the neighborhood.

I can't help much with the rooms, as I never spend the night because I am only 1.5 hrs away.

Check down the road in Emmitsburg or Thurmont (not far) Interesting part of the world. The Cozy has a killer breakfast!

PS: White peaches are in at Catoctin Orchard on Rt 15. The Shamrock (right next door) is a very good restaurant with fresh regional food in season, good seafood and steaks!

If memory serves me correctly, there is a pretty good Hampton Inn really close-by. I believe that it is in either Emmitsburg or Gettysburg. AAA discount also helps with price (if you have AAA).

The Best Western on Lincoln Square is very nice. The Farnsworth House Inn is also very nice- the building was used by snipers during the battle.

View PostThanks guys. I have plenty to consider now. This will be my first trip there, so I am looking forward to it.

Maid and a butler...good one.

French Maid???wink.gif

Its really a nice area. Eisenhower National Historic Site is also in the area and worth a look.