Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WoodyCT

Do all wives pull this *#%<! ?

Rate this topic

106 posts in this topic

My spouse is a real piece of work.

I saw her drop a blob of grape jelly on the kitchen floor while making herself a PBJ. She didn't see me watching as she looked down at it and went about finishing her sandwich.

Sez I, to myself, "Let's see if she cleans that up, or steps in it barefoot and tracks it all over the house, as she does with innumerable sauces, condiments, dressings and beverages..."

Sure enough it I looked 10 minutes later and there's the blob in question. She is back on the couch while my daughter sits on the LR floor eating her lunch.

"Hey honey, are you going to clean up this jelly you dropped on the floor?"

"Nice try! Eliza just made a PBJ. She must have done it."

"Nice try. I saw you drop it, and look down at it! When you were making your PBJ!"

No response....

headscratch.gif

kooky.gif

mad.gif

Gawd help me!

Run.... if she can't be responsible about her behavior/actions/inaction now and lies about it to boot, what shall you expect in years to come?

People don't learn integrity later in life....

DAMHIKT!

View Post14 years too late to run...frown.gif

It's never too late... I'm divorcing next month after 26 years.

Do another 12 and then look back at what else she pulls and you won't be thinking 14 years was "too late" You'll be wondering why you didn't salvage you life "when you had a chance"..

Ask me, I know..... HappyWave.gif

I saw it during year 2 and wasted 24 more beatin.gif

View PostKids involved, so it's not so simple as pulling up stakes and hitting the rod to Cougarville.

Kids are resilient. Besides, half the marriages in this country end in divorce. It sure doesn't make the kids any different than half their friends. wink.gif

View PostKids are resilient. Besides, half the marriages in this country end in divorce. It sure doesn't make the kids any different than half their friends. wink.gif

Ask the kids if it bothered them. Better yet, ask them as adults and see what they say.

View PostAsk the kids if it bothered them. Better yet, ask them as adults and see what they say.

Ask the kids whose fathers beat their mothers if it bothers them. There's worse things than divorce. Having said that, I think it's important that both parents stay involved with the children after a divorce for the mental well being of the child. often times, the fathers don't. And sometimes it'sthe mothers, though that's more the exception than the norm. Not saying divorce is the best option but there are times when it's the only option.