Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
afterhours

Diawa Saltist 30H

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I have a 30 and 40. Both non-levelwind. Great boat reels. I've never used them for surf. Mainly for fishing live bait. The older models of the non-levelwind Saltist are on sale now in many outlets with the intro of the new models. No sale on the levelwinds.

I feel the 20H and 30H are the best surf reels I've ever owned.

And I've owned quite a few.

I have two 20H and two 30H. They are the only reels I use these days for fishing off the beach and pier for drum, cobia and striper.

I even traded an original, blue Abu 7500C3CT for a 30H if that tells you anything.

Don, You will love the reel, whether you get the levelwind or not. The twenty is probably the right size for the canal. My 20 holds 300 yards of 50 PowerPro or about 225 of 65. I have a non levelwind 20, but had a chance to play with a 30 levelwind this weekend. It was really nice(and has been wailed on for more than a year, by a guy who fishes hard and fishes a lot, with no problems at all). The drags are outstanding and the gearing is fast and smoooooth.icon14.gif

One of the best bangs for the buck in all of fishing--you will not be disappointed. I have both the 30H and the 30 LW.

The 30 LW has a nice counterbalanced handle. The 30H comes with a multi-position "power" handle. Both have nice, oversized soft grip handle knobs.