Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Anchovies on Pizza

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Do you like anchovies on pizza?

I love anchovies, use them in a lot of things (and sometimes will eat a few stright up out of the can), but for some reason I don't like them on pizza.

What say you?

View PostHey Steve Try them with linguine and garlic.

Anchovies always go in my "Clam Noodle Soup" as it has been referred to. I also use them when I make a red sauce for pasta.

In addition, I make something that I call "Pasta Bagna Cauda" that can't do without them.

They are also a must for a Swedish Potato Dish I make that Donna and I call "That Potato Dish".

Need to qualify my answer. I will not order anchovies from a pizzeria, I'll only have them on a homemade pie, and then just a marinara pizza...no cheese.

Otherwise no problems with anchovies, fresh from the jar or otherwise.

Fine as a flavor enhancer in dressings and sauces, but not in morsels big enough to identify. Once the pin head size threshold is broken they become lobster bait to me.upck.gif

love them things!!! I often get a small pie for myself, and order double anchovies. I have them chop them and put them under the cheese. My wife is not crazy about them in general, and doesn't like them on pizza.

In upstate NY, not a lot of folks are anchovie lovers. When I order them, the counter girl (or occasionally guy) often turns up her nose at them. I ask her if she ever has eaten them, and she usually says no and that she never will. I ask her if she ever uses Wostershire sauce or Caeasr dressing. She says yes and then I get to tell her they both have anchovies in them.

Hmmm, a couple observations so far, but one that stands out is Tammy voting for the "hate them" category.....

If I remember correctly, Tammy loved various Asian foods when she lived in SF. Many Asian dishes employ fish sauce, which is really nothing but anchovies that have been left to "rot" in the sun, and then the juices extracted.........

headscratch.gif