Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jettyman

SOSpenders Test

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

About 7 or 8 years ago I purchased a Sterns manual inflatable vest (the $99.99 one). Since buying it I've trusted that it would save me if I were to get swept off the rocks during a hard out-going. Luckily I never had to use it, however, there have been many nights that conditions were nasty and borderline "safe" that I'd mentally go through the process of pulling the cord "just in case"

Well, last night I figured it was time to test the vest in the pool - It worked flawlessly - exactly the way I expected. Now I've got even more confidence in it cwm31.gif Now I've got to rearm it.

bottom line - Sterns inflatable vest gets 2 thumbs up from me!

Thanks for the test. I've had a couple for several years and can only assume they will work when needed. Your report gives me some better peace of mind that they'll work.

I was wondering the same thing myself a couple of weeks ago but I never pulled the cord. i think I have the same vest by Stearns. It's forest green color. I've had it for over 10 years and never worn it once! I think it's rated for 80lb capacity.

I wonder if there is shelf life in these CO2 cartridges and if so, does anyone know a good source for refill?