Anyone ever catch a musky from a float tube??

scoobydoo

cwm31.gif

Caught a 39-41" (was quite a bit longer than my 36" tape.) tiger muskie at ofl today. And lemme tell you. Having that fanged maw inbetween my legs was a very interesting experience. I've caught plenty of pure strain musky (15) and pike(100+). But this was only my third tiger. And its been years (since I sold my last boat). Fought it for about ten minutes got towed about 30 ish yard circle and spun around like a top about 10 times. Wasn't an insane fight but alot of weight. I'd imagine if the water wasn't 83degrees she would have gone berserk.

All in all it was an amazing experience having a top of the food chain predator essentially swimming with me like I was part of the environment. She bumped into me countless times. Thankfully she kept her mouth shut. For a little bit she even took cover under my tube while my buddy came from accors the lake with his camera. During this time her head was right between my knees. I ain't gonna lie I was a bit nervous.

I couldn't safely get an angle to get my plug back without stressing her or shredding my hand so after a minute or two fo video and a few quick pics. I broker her off and leter her swim away. Without a doubt one of the most beautiful fish in our freshwaters.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

• 5 weeks later...

chartruese crank bait either a manns or norman. Think it had a blue back.

I just put on a deep diver to troll back to the rocks. And came tight.

Honestly I don't know where it was stuck. I do know however that it is the only crank i owned yhat i had put those excalibur rotating trebles on. and they had already shown signs of rust.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims