Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freshy

Car needs new engine :\

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I happened upon a car that I knew the hubby would love, he's had one before and always wanted another, so he bought it. Wholesale.

Bought the car in February. Just recently, when the temps started going up, the front of the engine started ticking. He had a few ideas, possible lifters, etc. Sadly, it's not. Poor thing needs a whole new engine. He works at a shop, so he had access to junkyards and such. New engines were on back order, so he got a used one with the 30 yr experienced tech's recommendation. Car has 95k+ miles on it, and this engine has 47k.

It's worth it. Hubby loves the car and is willing to do anything to keep it. It's pricey, but I know men and there cars. Everything else seems to be in tip top shape.

The "new" engine came in. Now just to install it. That should be easy. cwm31.gifkooky.gif

Didn't say. All I got from the hubby, was that it needed an engine tongue.gif

It can still be driven, probably for awhile, but he doesn't want too. Our luck, it'll break down when we're no where near home.

First car I bought when I turned 16 spun a main bearing 8 months after I got it. Rebuilt the whole thing myself. Next time I'll just go buy a new engine or find a used one.

Might have been a nice project when you were 16. Can't see many people actually have the time, or even the patience these days. I definitly don't. Especially when you 1. need to car to get around, and 2. want the car to get around wink.gif

Tech's really anxious to get working on it. Says we shouldn't have to be without a car. Glad he found someone so willing to help.

View PostMight have been a nice project when you were 16. Can't see many people actually have the time, or even the patience these days. I definitly don't. Especially when you 1. need to car to get around, and 2. want the car to get around wink.gif

Tech's really anxious to get working on it. Says we shouldn't have to be without a car. Glad he found someone so willing to help.

I'd never do it now, maybe on a car I was restoring but these newer cars got to much junk that gets in the way. I also did stereo and effect lighting up till I was 21. To much **** these days to worry about in the newer cars to even attempt that without a degree. redface.gif

View PostI think hubby is just upgrading. highfive.gif

New engine for ticking?

Ask him if the new motor is the same size. cwm27.gif

Im engineblocking this dude.

Sounds about right, I'm building a new 393 Hemi for the

Chrysler that the wife knows nothing about, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't go for a 500HP engine.biggrin.gif Shhhhhhhh.

View Postso you gonna tell us what kind of car it is or just keep us wondering?cwm13.gif

2004 Chevy Monte Carlo SS.

View PostI think hubby is just upgrading. highfive.gif

New engine for ticking?

Ask him if the new motor is the same size. cwm27.gif

Im engineblocking this dude.

Ha ha! I wish I could say this was just an excuse to upgrade, but no. It's getting the same 3.8L she had originally. Not looking to pimp my ride, just want to have a ride. wink.gif

Shoulda sprung for the supercharged 3.8. wink.gif

Switch to a 3.4" pulley on the blower and install a cold air intake. Youll be boosting at 10 psi and you dont have to do jack for tuning.

View PostSo much potential for that car to shakehead.gif

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

We all have things we love. Hell, he puts up with me wink.gif If he treats me like his cars, he'd be willing to fix me rather than trade me in for a newer model beers.gif