Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RI Popper

FLUKING is HOT

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Well I finally got a chance to do some fluking and got my limit within 3 hours of fish up to 26" nice fatties. They were killing green bucktail rig with glow beads and red/white jig heads. Very aggressive hits around Jametown I'm eating good tonight wink.gif

Armand

Yeah, I fished off of Green Hill on Saturday and had boat limits in a few hours. Also had some very nice sized sea bass.

View Postheadscratch.gif Hmmm.. apparently we were on the wrong side of the island this morning!

probably not I had 2 other guys in the same boat as me and they together only caught 3 fish to my 7 keepers and 5 shorts headscratch.gif

No I was actually also out in a boat today. Flukin was COLD... we were somewhere near some elbow thingy. (is it a spot burn if you are talking about a spot that's not producing?) Saw a number of boats following us doing no better and probably worse..

We mixed it up, though... trolled up a blue and a short bass, watched a huge bass munching on half a tog that was floating (he wanted nothing to do with our live-lined scup) caught a bunch of scup and a few really nice sea bass... but just one short fluke all morning.

View PostNo I was actually also out in a boat today. Flukin was COLD... we were somewhere near some elbow thingy. (is it a spot burn if you are talking about a spot that's not producing?) Saw a number of boats following us doing no better and probably worse..

We mixed it up, though... trolled up a blue and a short bass, watched a huge bass munching on half a tog that was floating (he wanted nothing to do with our live-lined scup) caught a bunch of scup and a few really nice sea bass... but just one short fluke all morning.

Don't feel too bad you have to catch the tide right and they are very very light hitting especially the larger fish.

Armand

View PostNo I was actually also out in a boat today. Flukin was COLD... we were somewhere near some elbow thingy.

think deeper, much deeper in the east bay.

90-100ft last week for nice fish and a lost barn door at the boat

View PostDon't feel too bad you have to catch the tide right and they are very very light hitting especially the larger fish.

Armand

View Postthink deeper, much deeper in the east bay.

90-100ft last week for nice fish and a lost barn door at the boat

Thanks Guys. We fished the whole of the incoming.. or most of it anyhow (an hour of trolling around perhaps). Where we were there was virtually no current which I thought was odd. Keeping bottom with 4 ounces in 60 feet was no problem.

I'll tell my buddy that next week we gotta go deeper biggrin.gif

View PostThanks Guys. We fished the whole of the incoming.. or most of it anyhow (an hour of trolling around perhaps). Where we were there was virtually no current which I thought was odd. Keeping bottom with 4 ounces in 60 feet was no problem.

I'll tell my buddy that next week we gotta go deeper biggrin.gif

You definately want current,as well.Your jig should be moving across the bottom,not sitting still.The fluke are sitting still,waiting for a bait to ambush,so you've gotta come to them.

View PostYeah I've heard a lot of complaints but I've only been out very little and I'm finding the fishing great. How you doing Mike?

I've been doing well on them. Not boat limits every time, but more often than not.