Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EJfromNJ

made it back from wading

6 posts in this topic

haha. thx again for the advice, definitely helped me while out on the water, or IN the water i should say. like alot of you said it can get really deep really fast and also is very easy to get stuck. i didnt really get to access everything i wanted to. at one point i was up to my chest in aquatic vegetation and i just couldnt go any further. will go the other way next time but i dont think there are any real monsters at this pond after all. anyway caught about 10 fish between 9:30am-2:00pm the best being around 3.5lb, took me a minute to get hook out without hurting him so no picture. partly cloudy, windy w/ strong current. 80-90degrees. used 6" senkos all day.. chart w/ blk flk, red w/ red flk and black with/ blue or red flk

1st time wading? Ive been wading for a long time.Don't let your guard down and always wade slowly especilly at night.Use a wader belt!

when it gets cold always have an extra set of clothes and an extra sweatshirt in your vehicle. I needed mine 2x last Oct from FW accidents and I never had fallen before that.

View Posticon26.gif Solid day!!!! Looks like you got that place 100% figured out. Whats the main forage in there? Shiners, bluegills, shad, etc...?

Thanks. Haha, almost! Good question.. i see a ton of smaller grey fish with a baby blue tail. that a bluegill? no blue on the body, just light blue on the tail..

View Post1st time wading? Ive been wading for a long time.Don't let your guard down and always wade slowly especilly at night.Use a wader belt!

when it gets cold always have an extra set of clothes and an extra sweatshirt in your vehicle. I needed mine 2x last Oct from FW accidents and I never had fallen before that.

great advice thx

Wading is a great way to fish. However, waters that are home to largemouths are often soft bottomed, murky and loaded with tripping hazards. Get yourself an old Ski pole. It will allow you to test the bottom before you as you wade (vs stepping into a hole or real muck!). Also helpful if you get stuck and with balance. ( Heck I even beat a snake off with mine on one occasion) I tie a float to the handle so I can just drop it while fishing.

You can get a set at a yard sale, flea market or ski rental place for just a few $.