Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ratty

Does It Get Any Better Than This?!

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

This morning ,fishing with my 16 year old son JP , he catches his FIRST keeper, ON A PLUG I MADE.highfive.gif We both are going to remember that fish , which he released. smile.gif It's great , not only to do what we love, but to share it with our children and pass that love on....even better when their firsts are on wood we turned.smile.gif

Bass was 16# , fatty for it's size, around 32-33"...

Living the memories already. No it does not get much better than that. Now may I please see your fishing permits. biggrin.gif Yes both of you.

Get that Boga on a lanyard.

View PostGreat job both you and your son. I see you're even enforcing the no yellow rule on him.

biggrin.gif Plug is white with glitter on the belly, bronze faded around the eye and copper down the back.

I thought it looked like a hybrid too.

We both had our NOAA registration cards on us.smile.gif And the scale / lipper is not a Boga, it's a Econoscale , working man's Boga.

Thanks for all the kind words.smile.gif

As I looked through the "show us your wooden fish" thread, I saw two or three other deeper bodied fish with broken lines sprinkled in with the more standard thinner fish with continuous lines.

You've been here as long as I- do you remember a bassdozer article about the unicorns? He suggested that there was a sub species of stripers that stayed offshore and had a different body type than usual (he describes it in detail, but I can't remember). I wonder if this is an example of what he had in mind in that article.

Sorry for the off topic comments, but I am feeling a little yellow today.

When a kid smiles, everybody wins! Congrats Mr. Ratty - great memory, great plug, most of all great to have children who enjoy such a great pasttime (or two) THX for sharing - CB

That's great Ratty!! Once I get better at this, I wanna trade you a plug, so I can see a REAL Pencil, lol.

Is that the Canal? Lots of weed there....