Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BOH

Too freaking hot to work outside...

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

and with a recent merger (as in we got acquired) I need to focus on ways to now justify myself and my team to a whole new management structure. Unfortunately I've been distracted from this by recent tavern goings on so just decided to wrap up yesterday's activities in one post so that I can return to effing Org Charts and hopefully keep myself and my guys employedbeatin.gif . Here's how it went down yesterday in the eyes of BOH...

For me it's not so much the result as the way it was carried out that is a testament to the genious that is stoopid. Lesser thugs would have just wheeled up in their lincolns, AK's at the ready and let loose a hail of gunfire with no warning or regard to consequence or results...in fact it's doubtful that any measurable goal would have been achieved.

Nope - you guys mapped out a strategy that Jeb Stewart would have been proud of. You picked a slow day when the pickets were lazy and simply slipped passed them easily disguised as caterers. You rolled up the street in your minivans and stepped out in your flipflops, dockers, and capri-pants. Demands were issued, simple and direct, return the fugitive and no blood would be spilled.

Confusion on the part of the chef...are they for real? The leader has pink tonails and he's threatening me? "Get off my patio you bums...or in 3 clicks I'll shut it down". A trade was offered...the broken hearted boy for the pothead. "We don't want him and Adam makes a mean sauce, disperse or face the consequence". The leader smirked, turned his head while keeping his eyes front and held up the remote, thumb on the button. Suddenly this cavalier group seemed a bit more menacing. "Give us the boy and no harm will come"...It was a standoff, broken when the button was hit and the automatic cargo door slid open and Mako unbuckled and stepped out and let loose a heart stopping "pop" of his 410 in the air.

Panic ensued, SIM made it back inside locking the doors before Adam (slightly slower reaction time) could respond. "Holy **** they're armed - turn off the ****ing lights and hit the floor, and for goddsakes don't overcook that fillet - pink in the middle damn you!" Desperate calls to the general went unheeded as he was out fluking. The kid, armed only with a box of dill-weed and a dime-bag, resigned to his fate and stepped quietly into the 3rd seat - saddened but with a sense of relief that it was finally over. They rode away watching classic bugs-bunny on the overhead DVD's.

Order was restored on a Friday afternoon, and a message was once again sent...It's TimS's site, but it's Otters Tavern...the rest of us just post here.

Welcome Back Adam

View Post

Order was restored on a Friday afternoon, and a message was once again sent...It's TimS's site, but it's Otters Tavern...the rest of us just post here.

Welcome Back Adam

TimS and otter are the same person. Thought everybody knew that.headscratch.gif

oh otter tried.

but it was I who brought him back.

i stayed behind, we bonded. i moved a thread in which he already posted back into the tavern, to make the transistion easier on him.... and then we talked. about swirlies. about wet willies, about meatballs.. and about changing it back.

you always leave that part out.

shakehead.gif