Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Did anyone hear a horrible CRASH around 3:30am?

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I'm fishing an east end UDL this morning and exactly 3:25am, I heard the screeching of brakes, followed by a loud crashing sound that went on for at least 15 seconds. cwm31.gif I had my phone in hand, and alomst called PD, but figured what could I say, I heard a loud noise."shaky.gif

Anyway, never heard any sirens or saw blue lights, so Im can't imagine what it could have been?headscratch.gif

View Post....

Anyway, never heard any sirens or saw blue lights, so Im can't imagine what it could have been?headscratch.gif

Now this is very interesting because at 0330 something happened at BSP.

I'm not at liberty to discuss the BSP matter, other than to say if the proper authorities cannot exact justice then the citizenry may seek other alternatives.

As to Bob G's question......I'm guessing since you did not hear, nor see police activity subsequent to the noise, it's possible it was a one vehicle accident, probably colliding with some object, and the driver of said vehicle was able to drive away from the scene.

I don't know what / where 'BSP' is - but this all sounds fishy... Pun intended.

Hopefully justice, whatever the means, is served. And, all are well and healthy this morning. Sounds a little cryptic from what Bob's describing above.

A couple a years ago I was fishing the west end and late night. I heard one gun shot very close to me. cwm31.gif The next morning I heard that there waqs a shooting at the Port of Call in Buzzards Bay. One thing about fishing the canal late night is you NEVER know what you will hear/see! All the crazy stuff always happens when your fishing alone toocwm13.gif

I believe you may have heard an accident between a car and a truck that was trailering a big Boston Whaler.

I looked like the Whaler was not strapped down and ended up jumping the trailer...blamo!!!... onto the street.

I saw the remains after the accident.

View PostI believe you may have heard an accident between a car and a truck that was trailering a big Boston Whaler.

I looked like the Whaler was not strapped down and ended up jumping the trailer...blamo!!!... onto the street.

Was it somewhere in the vicinity of Dunkin Donuts in N. Sagamore?

View PostI believe you may have heard an accident between a car and a truck that was trailering a big Boston Whaler.

I saw said vehicle and boat on the beds of trailers this AM around 0530 at the Hess station across from CCC. Vehicle looked pretty bruised...boat was listing to port. Looked as though some activity was taking place with lights flashing and guys standing about.....probably getting a cup of coffee at DD. biggrin.gif

A half hour later I heard a Cape news report saying a collision between a trailered boat and car had taken place earlier on route 3 in the vicinity of exit 2.

View PostI saw said vehicle and boat on the beds of trailers this AM around 0530 at the Hess station across from CCC. Vehicle looked pretty bruised...boat was listing to port. Looked as though some activity was taking place with lights flashing and guys standing about.....probably getting a cup of coffee at DD. biggrin.gif

A half hour later I heard a Cape news report saying a collision between a trailered boat and car had taken place earlier on route 3 in the vicinity of exit 2.

Amazing I could have heard it from that far, but that's got to be what it was Joe.wink.gif I was sitting on a rock, waiting on the tide to make up, and I looked at my cell phone to see the time. All I could hear was brakes, followed by a huge series of crashes, ending with a final squeel of brakes, and a final major crash. As I said, it easily lasted 15 seconds.

If I were to guess, I would have said it was right by DD's. Shows you how far sound carrys on a still, foggy night.

As a kid, seeing blue lights on top of the bridges and the corp's and USCG patrol boats searching the waters below the span.........good that is an event from the past and does not happen anymore.......I fished the high slack in sag. last nite and heard a large truck scrap the bridge curb with its wheels..........

The worst memory of the Canal that I'll always carry with me was the fatal accident I heard one night in the mid to late 1980s.

I was fishing behind the old Playland arcade, when I heard a car peel out on the other side, and accelerate through the gears up Shore Road, followed by a series of loud bangs. I knew right away what happened--the vehicle was going too fast for the Aptuxet curve, and bounced off a couple of trees. Then I hear the sound of the ambulance siren leaving the fire station, almost right behind me. I saw it and the blue police lights going over the bridge, and then the sirens going down Trowbridge and Shore Roads--the sirens stopped at Aptuxet. The next thing I heard was blood-chilling--screams and a string of profanities from one of the EMTs I thought that the injuries were just too gruesome even for an experience medical tech. Later, I found out the story.

The EMT and his girlfriend had broken up earlier that night. The girlfriend took a whole lot of liquid comfort at the Trading Post bar. Then, she got into her Vette, and tore ass up Shore Road, drunk as a skunk. She hit the Aptuxet curve at about 60 mph and went right into the trees. The Vette, of course, came apart like a Tinker toy, and the first EMT to find the wreck and her mangled remains was the boyfriend who broke up with her earlier frown.gif