Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lockbox

Newest batch of B.M. Needles

13 posts in this topic

i went to a bait and tackle and handled the latest batch of B. M. 2 1/2 ounce needles. well all i can say is to me they look almost the same as the gibbs style he produced not to long ago of course 1/2 ounce lighter. nothing like his famous two ounce needles. which i got the heads up form a smart S.O.L. member that they were different but i wanted to see for myself. . there is a big difference from the 2 oz to the 2 1/2 oz. the 2 1/2 is sizably thicker ( fatter) the shape of the lure is different. i am sure it will be a killer also but i do love those 2 oz. .. i am not putting up the 2 ounce anymore. i did not write this for that purpose. it is a different lure and i for one was confused because i thought the 2 oz, was coming out. i feel all of his lures are great and i am sure that the 2 1/2 Oz. will have a place in my bag also.i wish he would make a stubby needle similar to John hab's sr. 1 1/2 ounce the same look as B.M. 2 oz. needle but shorter. that would be really great with a red eye all the colors with a red eye. why a red i to me it's the look of an injured fish, WoW i guess i was dreaming. well i was hoping to get some input if anyone has used the new 2 1/2 oz needle yet . thanks Bob

View PostDid you buy the store out Bob? I gotta go down to Paulies or saltwaters and pick a few up

I left a few for you biggrin.gif

View Posti went to a bait and tackle and handled the latest batch of B. M. 2 1/2 ounce needles. well all i can say is to me they look almost the same as the gibbs style he produced not to long ago of course 1/2 ounce lighter. nothing like his famous two ounce needles. which i got the heads up form a smart S.O.L. member that they were different but i wanted to see for myself. . there is a big difference from the 2 oz to the 2 1/2 oz. the 2 1/2 is sizably thicker ( fatter) the shape of the lure is different. i am sure it will be a killer also but i do love those 2 oz. .. i am not putting up the 2 ounce anymore. i did not write this for that purpose. it is a different lure and i for one was confused because i thought the 2 oz, was coming out. i feel all of his lures are great and i am sure that the 2 1/2 Oz. will have a place in my bag also.i wish he would make a stubby needle similar to John hab's sr. 1 1/2 ounce the same look as B.M. 2 oz. needle but shorter. that would be really great with a red eye all the colors with a red eye. why a red i to me it's the look of an injured fish, WoW i guess i was dreaming. well i was hoping to get some input if anyone has used the new 2 1/2 oz needle yet . thanks Bob

Me too Bob. I would like BM to make a stubby needle like John's. It was his best plug IMO. The Gibbs stubby is an excellent plug too. Big needles are not my favorite but when I had the stubby in my bag it was always one of the first out when I thought bass where around. Steve

View PostMe too Bob. I would like BM to make a stubby needle like John's. It was his best plug IMO. The Gibbs stubby is an excellent plug too. Big needles are not my favorite but when I had the stubby in my bag it was always one of the first out when I thought bass where around. Steve

Steve highfive.gif as we know he makes the best plugs out there for what We want to do. a stubby needle made like his 2 oz. would be a big winner for him and us. just a feather in his fishing hat. well we have to keep dreaming. take care buddy.

I agree, they are a hefty needle, but i couldn't resist. smile.gif

And i particularly liked this color scheme:

I usually fish all plugs i buy, but I wonder if I should start to keep some of these plugs aside to start a little collection?kooky.gif

I just got these two and plan to fish them, I'm thinking 4/0 cut treble on the belly hook , no split ring, and a 5/0 siwash single on the back. Does that sound OK?

You could probably go with a 6/0 in the rear.

View PostI just got these two and plan to fish them, I'm thinking 4/0 cut treble on the belly hook , no split ring, and a 5/0 siwash single on the back. Does that sound OK?

i have found a large hook on the rear of any needle will never hurt the action or the fish catching. i have put stainless steel 6/0 on all of my 2 ounce b.m.s

and have had many bass big and small bass hit the lure. on hab's sr. stubby needles which are 1 1/2 oz i put 5 /o rear single hooks on them and catch alot of fish. i find that the large rear hook will aid you in a rip because it locks the lure in the rip over sizing the front hook can change the casting and action of a needles where i do put 3/0s on a two oz. needle i don't go to 4/0s i will do 3/0 6 x but not on all. I'll do olive, yellow, black, blurple in 3/0 - 4 x and do the same lures with 3/0 6/x. all will have 5/0 stainless on the rear f the plug. my habs 2 oxz i put 3/ 6 x on the front and 6/0 stainless my ties on the rear, on my AL gags 1 1/2 oz needles i do 3/ 0 --2 x on them and a few with3/0 4 x and a few in 2/0 -4 x i like to use the 2/0 4 x when the tide is very low just before it stops and be on the top of bars dragging the lure off of the bars. i have large 4 . 25 oz needles . i go with 4/0 6 x and 6/0 stainless my hand tied on the rear. bm wadds i go with 4/0 6 x and 6/0 my hand tied on the rear. as you can see i heart.gif My needles.