Daiwa spinning reel

Rate this topic

hungryfisher

View PostDoes anyone have first hand experience with the Daiwa Bradia? I am interested in 4000 size for plugging with an 8 footer. Is the lack of a line roller bearing noticeable? Thanks

I have one. I really like it, except for the small handle. I've used it most recently on both a Legend 10'6" 3/4-4 and a Mojo 10'6" 2-6. I was throwing 4 oz and a clam with the Mojo and the Bradia. It is well worth the $150.00 I paid. If you are paying more than $180.00 you are paying too much as a certain big retailer is selling them for that amount.

View PostHow about the line roller, do you notice a difference? Are you using braid or mono? Thanks

I was also using a Stella 5000SW. I wasn't aware at the time that the line roller on the Bradia didn't have a ball bearing and I didn't miss it. As compared to the Stella, my only complaint is the smaller handle. I didn't miss the bearing. I was using 30# Power Pro on both reels.

View Post Do you think a Certate looks sloppy?.

honestly I do, used a friend's on an outing, the performance is unmatched but the design is somewhat, well, sloppy compared to steez. Most of my spinners are daiwa's though, but I'm leaning toward shimano from now on, gotta love those elegant curves biggrin.gif BTW the new certate looks better imo

I'm not sure how well the Bradia is sealed as I didn't open it up at all, but mine survived a drop in the sand and quite a bit of heavy splashing without missing a beat. I almost hate to say it, but it is as smooth if not even a bit more smooth than my Stella 5000SW. I'm not sure if the folding handle will be a problem down the road, but for now I like it. The only thing that I don't like about the Bradia is the small "t" knob. I was even able to pick up a spare Daiwa Advantage spool for 99 cents from a certain bargain cave. It seems to work just fine.

If anyone knows where to get a larger knob that would fit it for cheap, I'd appreciate the info.

View PostI just received my Bradia 4000 today and I like it. I can't wait to get it out on the water. For those of you with this reel I have a quick question. What line capacity are you experiencing? It says it can hold 220 yards of 20lb line. Is that mono or braid?

I think it should hold more than 220 yrs of 20# braid and less than 220 yrds of 20# mono. The capacity is the same as a an Advantage 4000 or an Tierra 4000. I believe that I have about 200 yrds of 30# Power Pro on mine.