Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diklarsen

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

u can put what ever u want after it. the game is harder then ever now with the steroid era because 80% of the league is on some kind of steroid or hgh and this man is still gonna hit 600

I think it's funny how everyone bashes the batters for being on Steroids, only fair if your facing pitchers also on steroids. Look at the radar gun during the Allstar Game *. I think it's a fair playing field. Let the games beginwink.gif

There are no winners with the drug situation. The kids are hurt and now think they must get the latest untraceable drugs to compete. There is no way to compare the cheaters with the greats of the past. The current "greats" will always have an asterisk by their names. Maris had an astyerisk for the evil of playing in more gamers per year than Ruth. The ones who past him (except maybe Aaron) have a double asterisk for drugs. Some of them may never reach Cooperstown. It is sad in many respects.

We created the market as fans willing to pay for it so we have no right to b1tch about it. A-Rod is the best power I have seen in my lifetime and I will be able to tell my kids I saw him. I also watched Tony Gwynn hit--the best pure hitter I have ever seen--and I won't tell stories with asterisks in them.

What it really means is that in the eyes of most people, me included, there are the true record holders - Aaron, Maris, DiMaggio, and then there are the other guys who did it in the chemical era.

I'm still rooting for A-rod to pass Bonds. Actually I'm rooting for just about anyone to pass that 525

View PostI also watched Tony Gwynn hit--the best pure hitter I have ever seen--and I won't tell stories with asterisks in them.

One of my all time favorite hitters (I have always tried to pattern my hitting style after his - take what the pitcher gives you and go with it) and one of my favorite sports people ever - just an all around good guy.

Please don't tell me he was ever associated with the juice (sure didn't look like a juicer cwm27.gif )

The sad part is I remember when Mays and Aaron got #600 it was a huge thing. Arod has chosen his path with the juice, hence it's not as big a deal .

The real problem for him is when he is HOF eligible and doesn't get voted in because of the juice. He should feel like he wasted his talent, but it really is only about the $$$$$$$$$$$ these days.

View PostThe sad part is I remember when Mays and Aaron got #600 it was a huge thing. Arod has chosen his path with the juice, hence it's not as big a deal .

The real problem for him is when he is HOF eligible and doesn't get voted in because of the juice. He should feel like he wasted his talent, but it really is only about the $$$$$$$$$$$ these days.

Nah....I ARod gets in (maybe they'll make him sweat it out a bit)because he's not a 1 dimension player ala McGuire.Alot of these guys cause more trouble for themselves by not admitting it...see Bonds & Clemons.....then you have the complete asshats like Palmerio.

View PostThe sad part is I remember when Mays and Aaron got #600 it was a huge thing. Arod has chosen his path with the juice, hence it's not as big a deal .

the real sad part is that if mays and aaron played in todays game they would be on juice too along with every other player that everyone considers to be a saint

whose to say when the drug taking started?

their catching more these days because the methods are more precise.

the better they get at detecting the better they'll get at covering it up.

i personally don't care what they take......just play the game.

Most pitchers would rather hit him than have #600 hit off them. Look for the fat pitch to be an out of the strike zone attempt that gets away from the pitcher.

I still love Don Drysdale's comment when his manager asked why he hit a fat Pittsburg player in the gut instead of the ordered intentional walk. "Why waste 3 pitches?"