Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dehager

WARNING - Ugly Stik Inshore Select

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Just got an Ugly Stik Inshore Select ( 7'6" Med 8-20# ) spinning rod in the mail today and tried to mount a Slammer 360 on the seat. I'm not sure what the boys in China kooky.gif were thinking but I might be able to fit a Zebco 202. Fuji components but not sized correctly. I'm going to call Shakespeare tomorrow and see what they have to say... Bummer.

View Post$$$$$$ Most about American $$$$$$

The rod was purchased for a backup/ loaner and I'm not handing out a Lami or an All Star as a loaner. I did a little searching and found out that they used IPS-16 light spinning seat for the rod, the guys at Shakespeare screwed up on this one. If not for the seat the rod would have been really nice.

View PostNot trying to insult anyones intelligence, but are you sure it was made in China? Some are made here in SC..just asking.

I could be wrong but it's my understanding that they stopped production in SC at least a couple years back.

View PostNot trying to insult anyones intelligence, but are you sure it was made in China? Some are made here in SC..just asking.

None taken Firedog. There is a sticker on the bottom of the butt, "Made in China". I'll wait to see what Shakespeare says. Maybe I'll just get a new seat and put it on. It may be cheaper than returning it.

OK..I know last time I heard some were made in China...some were made in Newberry SC about 50 miles from me. Hope you get it worked out. Those rods are used heavily in the south..damn near indestructable..not popular up

north. My neighbor caught a 300 pound shark on his at Edisto beach.. Took him four hours..up and down the beach..not bad for spinning tackle.

I Was Looking At That Same Combo Back In January With The 360 Slammer And The Reel Seat Had The Same Problem.i Ended Up With Ugly Stik Lite Inshore #spl1170-1mh 8-17lb 7' For My 360 Slammer

I know its an old thread but this is a testament to our almighty search button. I wanted a new river stick and read alot of good reviews on bps and cabela, not one of them mentioned the real seat problem. I got the rod today and I can barely force a 712z in there but not enough to be confident in it not coming off. A shimano 2500 worked out good but it is not the reel i intended for the rod. It is a very nice rod for the money however.

I know its an old thread but this is a testament to our almighty search button. I wanted a new river stick and read alot of good reviews on bps and cabela, not one of them mentioned the real seat problem. I got the rod today and I can barely force a 712z in there but not enough to be confident in it not coming off. A shimano 2500 worked out good but it is not the reel i intended for the rod. It is a very nice rod for the money however.

Then if you got it from either place that you mentioed you can return or exchange it!

Then if you got it from either place that you mentioed you can return or exchange it!

I could if I wanted to but it truly is an awesome rod. I like ugly stiks and fenwicks, this rod will fit in nicely. The reel that fits is a sustain 2500fd, if I can find a 3000 spool I think i'll b golden.

And I got it from a place offering free shipping on rods