Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guitarfreek10

wading belt

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

vWOOOO i finally went any bought my wading belt and im already in love with it and i want all the accesories that are possible with the belt anyone have ideas of what accesories to start with

View PostvWOOOO i finally went any bought my wading belt and im already in love with it and i want all the accesories that are possible with the belt anyone have ideas of what accesories to start with

headscratch.gif Anyone have any Idea what kind of belt you got?

Definately start with the batarang. Also if you can find one of the hooks that shoots out and catches the flag pole when your falling from the sky. Every utility belt needs that accessory.

Seriously what kind of belt and take a look at the recent thread where members showed their belts and what they have on them if your looking for ideas.

alright whats a good bucktail and tin holder i saw the aqua skinz one and the precision pack one. which is better? maybe another one is better? then the knife. i have a knife but not the holder. any suggestions?

Good choice on buying a belt...youll be thankful one day when you take a spill.

Always on belt:

knife (most important accessory aside from belt in my opinion)

pliers

On my belt when I go eeling:

knife

pliers

caribiner with eel bag

leader wallet

On my belt when fishing artificials:

knife

pliers

three tube bag

bucktail pouch

Im looking to add a boga to the belt as well, just trying to decide on the 30 or 60.

You'll start to realize that after hours of fishing, the weight adds up.

View Postalright so i need to find a cool bucktail/tin bag pouch any suggestions?

Before heading out tonight figured ide post this in the hopes of some good karma from the Gods. I know selfish isnt it biggrin.gif . The belt is a tactical belt used by swat guys with a quick release buckle. From left to right

aquaskinz bucktail pouch. good for keeping crap out of your bag and keeping jigs organized when it comes to weight (more on this later)

60# boga (enough said)

pork

carabiner where my eel bag would go if im eelin

stationary carabiner to clip bag onto so it doesnt float when swimming or flapping around when bending over to unhook fish

hook sharpener in a holdzit pouch to keep it rust free (it works)

knife (blunt tip)

pliers

camera in a lowepro case

I made the following modifications to the bucktail pouch to avoid getting hooks jammed inside the walls when taking them out (pain in the arse to get them free without cutting while wearing it out on a rock)

3rd pic is the material you will need. You can find it in the PVC isle at home depot. Cut it in 3 1/4 inch pieces and slip it in

View PostGood choice on buying a belt...youll be thankful one day when you take a spill.

Always on belt:

knife (most important accessory aside from belt in my opinion)

pliers

On my belt when I go eeling:

knife

pliers

caribiner with eel bag

leader wallet

On my belt when fishing artificials:

knife

pliers

three tube bag

bucktail pouch

Im looking to add a boga to the belt as well, just trying to decide on the 30 or 60.

You'll start to realize that after hours of fishing, the weight adds up.

Come on Mike you know the answer to that wink.gif

I know Ernie..

since I'm still looking for my 40 and am predominatly C&R, especially when it comes to the big girls, I guess I should suck it up and get the 60.

Thanks for talking sense into me

PS: love the bucktail pouch mod. Im going to do that this weekend.

Asides from the utility type of belty that you have now, you may also get another stretchy elastic type of belt (cheap like Cabelas) to be worn around the chest area. This will give you a real good seal in case you take a spill.